Principal HVAC Designer – Mining & Metals
Ville : Vancouver, British Columbia
Catégorie : See posting on Fluor site
Industrie : Engineering
Employeur : Fluor Canada
The Mechanical group is a dynamic team in which engineering and design are combined to effectively support our clients. In addition to a solid education focusing on instrumentation and control systems design, a strong set of personal competencies is a prerequisite for success. Being a team player and having an ability to interact effectively with client organizations, others disciplines, vendors and contractors in our taskforce is essential.
Operating under detailed instructions and review the purpose of this position is to provide the essential technical knowledge and perform the work listed. This role has the responsibility to promote Fluor's competitiveness within the global marketplace by delivering quality services of unmatched value and technical competence. The purpose of this position is to work on design and perform 3D layout of complex scope and may serve as Design Area Lead.
Basic Job Duties:
• Perform 3D modelling of advanced complexity for the layout of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and Dust Control equipment and ducting runs.
• Prepare 2D Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawings for HVAC and Dust Controls system schematics, layouts, and isometric drawings.
• Apply project CAD standards and practices for 2D drawings and 3D modelling
• Knowledge of Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) and Dust Control.
• Proficient skills to operate 2D and 3D software tools (AutoCAD, Microstation, Smartplant 3D/ PDS /PDMS).
Review drawings and vendor equipment documentation of advanced complexity within the discipline and from other disciplines for compliance with project requirements, and actively seek discrepancy resolution
• Perform bulk material take-off analysis and tabulations
• Adhere to industry codes and standards as well as department practices and procedures
• Other duties as assigned