MCPlus Database Lead
Ville : Kitimat, British Columbia
Catégorie : See posting on Fluor site
Industrie : Engineering
Employeur : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
Reporting to the Completions and Turnover Manager, the successful candidate’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Proficient in setup of Medium to Large size project completions management system databases.
• Setup, initial implementation, population, and administration of the MCPlus Completions management database. This includes working with discipline engineers as well as engineering and construction contractors supplying data to populate the database.
• Initial set up (structure & functionality) and ongoing maintenance of the Completions database architecture.
• Review contracts and subcontracts to understand requirements and deliverables as they relate to database management and system completion.
• Assist in determining Engineering drawing and data deliverable requirement and timing.
• Develop a set of instructions to manage updates to the MCPlus due to design change.
• Develop plans, procedures and instructions to manage the day to day operation and maintenance of the Completions database.
• Assist in identifying the project data and attributes that will be uploaded to the Completions database.
• Develop a set of instructions that will validate input data prior to uploading into the Completions database.
• Manage the overall integrity of information flowing between; Engineering, Construction, Contractor, Vendors, Commissioning and the MCPlus database.
• Develop a security protocol for MCPlus users.
• Develop standards for project documents used within the MCPlus database, including forms, templates, and certificates.
• Develop Completions database standards to effectively manage Punchlists for the project.
• Designs, prepares and issues project reports which identify activities, status and performance for the project.
• Reviews construction execution plans, completions execution plans and activities.
• Works with construction, commissioning, and completions teams in coordinating the efficient completion and handover of facilities.
• Interfaces with fabrication, construction, sub-contractors commissioning, completions and other project groups to ensure the physical documentation requirements for the completion of systems and facilities are complete and ready for submission.
• Monitors progress tracking. Submits weekly reports outlining completion progress and one-week look ahead of upcoming activities Assists in administration and distribution of punchlist database.
• Aligning and incorporating new team members through coaching or other orientation practices.
• Understanding the current capabilities of automation tools and ensuring that they are being utilized to the full benefit of the department and project.
• Works with owners of engineering, automation, and planning tools to integrate those into the MCPlus database workflow.
• Provides direction to third-party developers in the design and implementation of mobile platforms and add-on applications to enhance MCPlus functionality.
• Works with Construction Management in communicating / identifying / mitigating potential risks that could adversely affect project completion success.
• Supports system walk-downs, punch-list closure, and turnover acceptance efforts.
• Maintains technical knowledge by keeping current on applicable tools, processes, and practices.
• Ensures effective application of all tools, techniques, and programs by maintaining strategic turnover & commissioning programs, including pre-commissioning and preservation programs.
• Enhances skills, performance, and development of all employees by sponsoring and promoting completions training programs so that adherence to operations guidelines and specifications is ensured and work of the highest quality prevails.
• Maintains safe and healthy work environment by following and enforcing established project procedures relating to safety, work permitting and work order systems; adhering to legal requirements.
• Participates in the career development of Personnel assigned to the project team.
• Continually improves personal technical, commercial, and organizational knowledge and skills.
• Performs other duties as assigned and requested.