Senior Construction Quality Control Manager
Ville : Windsor, Ontario
Catégorie : See posting on Fluor site
Industrie : Engineering
Employeur : Fluor Canada
Fluor is one of Canada's top employers and recognized globally as a leader in the Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Fabrication, and Maintenance industry. Our focus on innovation and providing cost effective technology based solutions to address our client's needs is second to none. As we look to the future, we need creative, ambitious, and innovative professionals who can help us achieve our goals.
Fluor team members are at the core of Fluor’s successes and instrumental in executing projects safely, smartly and with the highest quality. If you value teamwork, empowerment in your career and are eager to champion Fluor’s project execution, this opportunity just may be for you!
This position will be assigned to the Gordie Howe International Bridge Project in Windsor, Ontario and serve as the Quality Manager for the Project Co. The Gordie Howe International Bridge Project is a public-private partnership established to design, build, operate and maintain the Gordie Howe International Bridge between Detroit, Michigan and Windsor, Ontario. The scope of the Project includes the following components:
• A cable-stayed bridge spanning the Detroit River
• New U.S. and Canadian Point of Entries
• New interchange at Interstate 75 in Detroit
This role serves as the primary representative for the Project on all matters relating to quality management with the overall objective of providing our clients and with projects that comply with the quality requirements stipulated in our Contracts. The Quality Manager shall report directly to the Project Director to ensure the quality of Project Work. The Project Quality Manager is responsible for ensuring that any matters relating to quality control that could adversely affect the Project Critical Path Schedule are promptly brought to the attention of Project Co and owner (WDBA).
• Maintain and ensure the effective operation of the existing approved Quality Management System which includes the Quality Manual and Construction Quality Manual by the following means:
• Initiating management reviews and taking other actions necessary to ensure the effective operation and continuous improvement of the Quality Management System
• Working with staff to prepare quality audit programs and scheduling and coordinating internal quality audits and external quality audits of key processes with relevant participants, including the Designer, the Construction Contractor, and the OMR Contractor, as applicable
• Maintaining ISO 9001 Accreditation and Certification of the Quality Management System
• Develop site-specific quality procedures as necessary to support the project and Quality Management System
• Ensure that relevant records are maintained and retained in accordance with the Quality Management System and the Records Management Protocol;
• Manage the existing program for correction and, when applicable, corrective action in respect of Non-Compliances including a risk based analysis to prevent reoccurrence in accordance with ISO 9001:2015
• Coordinate all matters and issues relating to compliance with the ISO 9001 Standard of the Quality Management System
• Add or change QA/QC staff as deemed necessary to meet the quality requirements
• Other duties as assigned