Société Générale Group
Société Générale Group, one of Europe's leading financial services groups and a major player in the economy for over 150 years, supports 26 million clients every day with more than 131,000 staff in 66 countries. Our Group draws on our European roots to develop our business internationally. Our unique geographic positioning enables us to connect Europe and Africa with major global financial centres in Asia and the Americas.
This commitment guides our mission: to protect and manage assets and savings, finance projects, protect clients in their both their day-to-day lives and in their professional activities, ensure secure transactions and offer the best technological solutions.
Commitment to Diversity
At Société Générale Group, diversity and inclusion are not just a result of legal obligations, they are now and will continue to be strategic factors that stand for what we are all about: “Building together, with our clients, a better and sustainable future through responsible and innovative financial solutions.” We are determined to be a company where employees feel good as they are, reflecting the diversity of the customers we serve and the society in which we operate. Promoting diversity and inclusion is key to building a company that is both efficient and innovative as well as responsible and open to the world.
The Group is committed to fighting bias and creating a culture of inclusiveness in terms of respect for human rights. As a signatory to the five United Nations Guiding Principles for Tackling Discrimination against LGBT+ people in the business world on 26 June 2018, the Group is committed to:
- Respecting the human rights of LGBT+ employees, clients and stakeholders;
- Eliminating discrimination against LGBT+ persons in the company;
- Providing support to LGBT+ employees;
- Prohibiting violations of human rights in its activities with its suppliers, clients and distributors, and insisting that their partners do the same;
- Acting in the public sphere in order to contribute to combating abuses against LGBT+ persons in the countries where it operates.
In March 2021, Société Générale signed the Other Circle’s LGBT+ Commitment Charter. By signing this charter, the Group reaffirmed its commitment to:
- Creating an inclusive working environment for LGBT+ employees;
- Ensuring equal rights and treatment for all employees regardless of their sexual orientation or gender identity;
- Supporting employees who are victims of discriminatory comments or actions;
- Measuring progress and sharing best practices in order to improve the general working environment.
“We are committed to advocate for diversity, equity, and inclusion in our workplace and foster an environment where all individuals are valued for their talents while aiming to maintain a diverse workforce that reflects the community in which we operate. Pride & Allies, one of our employee resource groups, unites people from all backgrounds, and works to create a corporate culture that promotes inclusion and equal rights and opportunities for our LGBTQ2+ employees.”
President & CEO
Société Générale Canada