What drives usAt Meridian, motusbank and Meridian OneCap, we’re not too big and not too small – we make a point of getting to know each other – tapping into each other’s passions, interests and perspectives is how we make incredible things happen. What drives our success? Almost 2000 extraordinary and diverse thinkers and doers who together are inspired by a common purpose – to help Canadians build on their resiliency to achieve their best life. Not only do we want this for our Members, customers and communities we serve, we very much want this for each other.
That’s why it’s a huge priority for us to ensure that right from Day One, anyone who joins the Meridian community feels respected, appreciated and accepted for who they truly are as individuals. We believe a rich combination of backgrounds, lived experiences and perspectives adds depth to who we are at our cultural core. Relationships and connections both on the inside and outside – this is how we learn from each other. This is what will always set us apart.
We always strive to be genuine, authentic and true to our intentions. We want everyone to feel a sense of belonging and will stand behind this statement by working to prove it. We want you to feel free and inspired to leap at any opportunity to learn, grow, share what you know and build on your success. You can do that here.
Where does Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) fit in?
We want it everywhere and are driving the DEI stake deeper into the ground. Organizationally, we know the right conditions need to be in place and nurtured over time for that to happen. We will also draw on perspectives and wisdom of the people who work here to help champion our DEI commitment moving forward. We’re moving in the right direction inspired by a collective focus at all levels to do more and do better.
How are we committing to this?
Education and awareness affect change, we will continue to focus on building on this foundation. As we set out to proactively and continuously evolve our DEI strategy, we continue to be committed to the following:
- We will continue to challenge ourselves in new and progressive ways to create the conditions so that any and all barriers to inclusion are removed.
- Our priority is to pursue any opportunity that allows us to maintain constant and constructive dialogue with our employees and to truly listen and hear them through our evolving Voice of Employee Program – a robust employee feedback mechanism to inform our programs and initiatives.
- We encourage openness and transparency to guide any and all discussions.
- We will review our employment and talent practices to ensure they are free from discriminating barriers and promote equal opportunities for advancement within the company. All employees will be given support to develop their full potential and their unique and diverse talents.
- Meridian’s My Commitment to Communities program supports our DEI strategic priorities.
- We will continue to support unconscious bias training and create a forum for the unique perspectives of marginalized groups to be shared. We will willingly become better aware of our own personal biases and take the necessary actions to address them.
- We invite employees to participate in Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and co-author our diversity and inclusion plans. Our plans are shared with the organization and our Board of Directors.
- We will work to affect change within our organization, the communities we serve and the Credit Union system, so that employees and Members can bring their full selves to Meridian/motusbank/Meridian OneCap.
- We will monitor and strive for diversity and inclusiveness at all levels of our organization.