Job Posting: Senior Program Coordinator
Permanent, Full-time position
Founded in 2008, Pride at Work Canada is the leading Canadian not-for-profit organization promoting workplaces that are inclusive of Two-Spirit, queer and trans people. We work with a member network of Canadian employers that share our vision of a nation where everyone can achieve their full potential at work, regardless of gender expression, gender identity and sexual orientation. For more information, please visit prideatwork.ca.
The Senior Program Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the growth of Pride at Work Canada as a leading Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion organization in Canada. The incumbent will work closely with the Manager of Programs to implement educational programs focused on gender expression, gender identity, and sexual orientation inclusive workplaces. The incumbent will coordinate Pride at Work Canada’s webinar series with presenters who are leaders in workplace inclusion.
Experience with research and knowledge translation will also be required as the Coordinator will lead Pride at Work Canada’s continued research on Two-Spirit, trans, and queer inclusion in the workplace and the experiences of Two-Spirit and LGBTQ+ job seekers. A deep understanding of intersectionality, program development, and effective communication of community-based research will be brought to this position.
- Webinar Program
- Coordinates a bilingual webinar program that provides education on LGBTQ2+ inclusion in the workplace.
- Sources speakers for the program from LGBTQ2+ community groups, inclusion and diversity consultants, as well as from our National and Regional partner network.
- Thought Leadership
- Stewards relationships with potential research partners including community-based, corporate-based, and academic research.
- Coordinates the knowledge translation of Pride at Work Canada’s research including infographics, videos, articles, or other formats.
- Conducts research to be utilized in Pride at Work Canada’s programs.
- Supports the work of the Thought Leadership Committee.
- Programs Support
- Supports the programs team in implementation of Pride at Work Canada’s educational programs
- Event coordination including panels, presentations, networking events, and webinars
- Develop resources and materials related to LGBTQ2+ inclusion in the workplace
Required Skills & Experience
- A degree or diploma in inclusion and diversity, sexuality studies, gender studies, community development, business administration, project management and/or professional experience equivalent to formal education.
- Demonstrated experience with project or program coordination.
- Demonstrated experience with conducting research.
- Very strong project planning and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism, confidence and independence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Technologically savvy, must be comfortable with Google Suite (drive, docs, slides) and in the use of video conferencing platforms (Zoom, Meet, etc.). Ability to adapt and learn new software.
- Knowledge of decolonization and intersectionality
- Demonstrated fluency in French
- Experience working with Two-Spirit and/or LGBTQ+ communities especially two-spirit, queer, and trans BIPOC communities
- A strong understanding of diversity, inclusion, equity and human rights issues
Work Hours & Location
Full-time hours, 40 hrs/week, Monday-Friday. Must be adaptable to frequent evening and weekend work.
Pride at Work Canada’s primary offices reside in Tkaranto/Toronto, which is the “Dish with One Spoon” territory. It is traditionally the home of the Anishinaabe, Huron-Wendat, Haudenosaunee, and the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation.
Applications from all locations across Canada will be accepted and considered.
Compensation & Benefits
The starting salary range for this position is $45,000-55,000 per year. The benefits package includes 3-weeks’ paid vacation, dental and health coverage that includes gender-affirming care, amounts for paramedical services and other enhancements that consider the health care needs of Two-Spirit, queer and trans people.
Please submit a cover letter and resume relevant to your application in PDF format via email quoting Job ID: Senior Program Coordinator in the subject line to email@example.com no later than 5:00pm EST on April 30, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who identify as Two-Spirit and/or LGBTQ+ or are otherwise marginalized on the grounds of gender expression, gender identity and/or sexual orientation are strongly encouraged to apply. Lived experience as a member of any marginalized community is considered a strong asset.
If you require any accommodation to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise at any point and we will work with you to meet your needs.