Job Posting: Leadership Programs Coordinator
Permanent, full-time position
Founded in 2008, Pride at Work Canada is the leading Canadian not-for-profit organization promoting workplaces that are inclusive of Two-Spirit, queer and trans people. We work with a member network of Canadian employers that share our vision of a nation where everyone can achieve their full potential at work, regardless of gender expression, gender identity and sexual orientation. For more information, please visit prideatwork.ca
The Leadership Programs Coordinator will be integral to Pride at Work Canada’s leadership programs that develop Two-Spirit and LGBTQ+ workplace leaders. The incumbent will be responsible for two ticketed leadership programs: THRIVE, which focuses on competencies for managers, and FLOURISH, which focuses on employee resource group (ERG) leaders.
To be successful in this role, the incumbent will have experience with paid professional development programs and with marginalized Two-Spirit, trans, and queer communities as, they will also be responsible for leading Pride at Work Canada’s networking programs that bring together Two-Spirit and LGBTQ+ professionals, including programs designed for marginalized genders.
The Leadership Programs Coordinator will need to facilitate braver spaces with two-spirit, trans, and queer community members and professionals from corporate Canada which lead to the professional development of all Two-Spirit and LGBTQ+ professionals and job seekers.
- Leadership Programs
- Coordinate Pride at Work Canada’s leadership programs THRIVE and FLOURISH.
- Responsible for sourcing speakers, content creation and program participant management.
- Evaluates and provides reporting on each program.
- Networking Programs
- Coordinate Pride at Work Canada’s networking programs, including Rendez Vous: Women x Nonbinary Digital Connect, Matrices: Trans, Non-Binary & Agender Digital Connect, other virtual and in-person networking events.
- Provide support for the Rendez Vous and Matrices volunteer organizing committees.
- Source engaging keynote speakers.
- Programs Support
- Supports the programs team in implementation of Pride at Work Canada’s educational programs.
- Event coordination including panels, presentations, networking events, and webinars.
- Develop resources and materials related to Two-Spirit and LGBTQ+ inclusion in the workplace.
Required Skills & Experience
- A degree or diploma in inclusion and diversity, sexuality studies, gender studies, community development, business administration, project management and/or professional experience equivalent to formal education is required.
- Demonstrated experience with project or program coordination.
- Demonstrated experience with event management and facilitation.
- Demonstrated experience supporting the development of leadership capacities.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high degree of professionalism, confidence and independence.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to create and lead programs.
- Technologically savvy, must be comfortable with Google Suite (drive, docs, slides) and in the use of video conferencing platforms (Zoom, Meet, etc.). Ability to adapt and learn new software.
- Demonstrated fluency in French.
- Experience working with Two-Spirit and LGBTQ+ communities, especially Two-Spirit, queer, and trans BIPOC communities
- A strong understanding of diversity, inclusion, equity and human rights issues.
Work Hours & Location
Full-time, 40 hrs/week, Monday-Friday. Must be adaptable to frequent evening and occasional weekend work.
Pride at Work Canada’s primary offices reside in Tkaranto/Toronto, which is the “Dish with One Spoon” territory. It is traditionally the home of the Anishinaabe, Huron-Wendat, Haudenosaunee, and the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation.
Applications from all locations across Canada will be accepted and considered.
Compensation & Benefits
The starting salary range for this position is $40,000-50,000 per year. The benefits package includes 3-weeks’ paid vacation, dental and health coverage that includes gender-affirming care, amounts for paramedical services and other enhancements that consider the health care needs of Two-Spirit, queer and trans people.
Please submit a cover letter and resume relevant to your application in PDF format via email quoting Job ID: Leadership Programs Coordinator in the subject line to email@example.com no later than 5:00pm EST on April 30, 2021.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Candidates who identify as Two-Spirit and/or LGBTQ+, or are otherwise marginalized on the grounds of gender expression, gender identity and/or sexual orientation are strongly encouraged to apply. Lived experience as a member of any marginalized community is considered a strong asset.
If you require any accommodation to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise at any point and we will work with you to meet your needs.