Water Resources Engineer
Ville : VANCOUVER
Industrie : Materials & Construction
Employeur : Stantec
Water Resources Engineer - ( 22000472 )
At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
As a Water Resources Engineer, you will be a member of a multi-disciplinary team working in energy and resources; primarily on metal, coal and large oil sands mining projects. The Water Resources Engineer will be responsible for various aspects of water management planning and design including hydrology assessments, hydraulic analyses, hydraulic structures designs, water management plans, mine water balance studies and construction oversight.
Applicants must be prepared to travel to field based assignments as required.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Hydrology analyses of design precipitation and flood flows for dam structures and drainage infrastructure design, across a range of locations and climates.
- Engineering design of hydraulic structures including spillways, stream diversions, surface drainage systems, stream diversions, sedimentation ponds, storage reservoirs.
- Hydraulic modelling, including dam breach inundation studies, river floodplain analyses, including computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modeling of spillways and similar structures.
- Developing water management plans, erosion control, as well as construction specifications and oversight.
- Contributing to business development activities, including proposals and qualification statements.
- Participating in Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) policies, procedures, standards and guidelines in the execution of all work.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Technical knowledge and experience in hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, calculations and design.
- Experience in software packages such as HEC-HMS, SEDCAD, HEC-RAS 1D and 2D, GoldSim, Experience with computational fluid dynamics (CFD) software and the Flo-2D or RiverFlow2D packages preferred.
- Strong writing skills and experience with producing technical memos, reports and specification documents.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills.
- Ability to travel to field locations
- Working knowledge in civil/geotechnical construction oversight of major earthworks or water control structures is an asset.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in in civil or water resources engineering.
- Registered or eligible for registration with the Provincial Association as a P.Eng
- Approximately 5 - 10 years related experience, preferably with a mining and dams focus.
Typical office environment working with computers; Stantec offers a flexible work environment (a hybrid model of working in the office and at home). Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. The experience will forever shape your future. #FeelingEnergized
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Ontario-Markham, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Ontario-Sudbury, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon, Canada-Ontario-North Bay
Organization : BC-1695 Mining-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 9, 2022, 2:09:12 PM
Req ID: 22000472
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans