Total Rewards Specialist
Ville : Oakville
Catégorie : Full time - Permanent
Industrie : Education
Employeur : Sheridan College
The Total Rewards Specialist provides specialized expertise and support for the administration of Sheridan’s Total Rewards strategy. The incumbent oversees the ongoing execution of compensation and benefits plans, programs and administrative processes to provide an effective stakeholder experience, ensuring organizational compliance with all relevant legislation and plans provisions.
What You’ll be Doing
The Total Rewards Specialist is responsible for collaborating in analysis, design, implementation, evaluation, and communication of Sheridan’s Total Rewards programs including:
- Administration of broad range of compensation programs, policies and procedures including analysis, base pay, pay equity, job evaluations;
- Administration of Sheridan benefits programs and processes, including enrolment, billing, reporting, and communicating benefit plan options, features and enrollment requirements to assist employees with benefit inquiries;
- Administration of pension program and processes (enrolment, reporting, pension estimate and purchases) and communicating pension plan options, features and enrollment requirements;
- Design and delivery of Sheridan’s total rewards communication strategy to increase the understanding of our total rewards programs and processes with leaders and employees;
- Administration of non-medical leave of absences or special workload arrangements;
- Other related duties, as assigned.
You demonstrate excellent judgement, initiative and creative problem-solving skills.
You enjoy balancing many different tasks, staying organized and like to develop processes or systems to keep things running smoothly.
You have a highly collaborative spirit and interpersonal skills with the ability to work with others to support establishing and achieving collective goals.
You have well- developed analytical and problem-solving skills for pension analytics with the ability to analyse payroll information.
You are able to work with employees in very sensitive situations and manage complex analytical matters well (e.g. pension plan intricacies).
The successful candidate will also meet the following requirements:
- 4-year bachelor’s degree with specialty in HR or related field
- 5 years practical working experience in compensation and pension and/or benefits (equivalency will be considered)
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: job design (including job analysis, job documentation, job evaluation), salary administration and/or workforce planning
- Completion of any one of the following designations:
- C E.B.S (Certified Employee Benefits Specialist) designation
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP or CHRL)
- Pension Plan Administrative Certificate (PPAC)
- WorldatWork Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
- Experience with implementation of new or enhanced compensation programs
- Excellent knowledge of pension & benefits legislation
- n-depth and up-to-date knowledge of labour contracts/collective agreements - salary schedules, benefit provisions, group insurance benefit contracts, Employment Standards Act, Human Rights Code, Employment Insurance Act, relevant Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) regulations and Pension Act of Ontario
- Pay Equity experience/training (considered an asset)
Who We Are:
Every member of the Sheridan community is passionate about the transformational role we play in people’s lives. Our strategic plan, Sheridan 2024: Galvanizing Education for a Complex World (https://sheridan2024.sheridancollege.ca/), charts a path towards a new ground-breaking model of higher education that reshapes post-secondary education and better prepares students for the future. We are committed to demonstrably advancing equity, diversity and inclusivity. Diversity is our strength and fuels our commitment to excellence. Across our campuses, we’re making meaningful strides towards developing an equitable and inclusive community.
- For more information, visit: Why Work at Sheridan
Department: Human Resources
Campus Location: Trafalgar (may be assigned activities at any Sheridan campus). This position is currently a hybrid of on-campus and remote work.
Reference #: J0423-0231
Employee Group: Administrative
Salary Range: $77,768 - $97,210
Application Deadline: April 19, 2023
Sheridan is deeply committed to implementing the Calls to Action framed by the Truth and Reconciliation Commission. We acknowledge that we live and work on the traditional territory of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nations, Anishinaabe Nation, Huron-Wendat and the Haudenosaunee Confederacy. Sheridan is situated on these lands, and it is our collective responsibility to honour and respect those who have gone before us, those who are here, and those who have yet to come. We are grateful for the opportunity to be working on this land.
Sheridan values the diverse and intersectional identities of its students, faculty, and staff. Sheridan regards equity and diversity as an integral part of academic excellence and is committed to accessibility for all employees. Sheridan seeks applicants who embrace our values of equity, anti-racism, and inclusion. As such, we encourage applications from qualified candidates who have been historically disadvantaged and marginalized, including those who identify as First Nations, Métis and/or Inuit/Inuk, Black, members of racialized communities, persons with disabilities, women and/or 2SLGBTQ+.
Sheridan will provide job applicants with accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. To request accommodation, please contact Human Resources.
You may be asked to provide copies of your educational credentials at the time of interview. Upon hire, we require official confirmation of educational credentials and Canadian equivalency assessments, if applicable.