Supervisor Mechanical (Car)
Ville : Lethbridge, AB, CA, T1K 8A8
Catégorie : Other
Industrie : Transportation
Employeur : Canadian Pacific
By applying to this job you will be put into a pool of candidates that will be used throughout the year to fill positions when they become available in this area.You will only be contacted if you are selected to move forward in the hiring process.
Canadian Pacific (CPKC) and Kansas City Southern (KCS) are now CPKC. As the only truly North American railway, we are making big moves! Drawing on our strong foundations and heritage, CPKC moves essential goods across our 20,000-mile network to support economic growth throughout Canada, the U.S. and Mexico. Be a part of history as we connect a continent and create exciting career opportunities across our new transnational network. Visit cpkcr.com to learn about the CPKC advantage, our purpose and culture.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
You will assist the Mechanical Manager with the planning, scheduling and assignment of manpower to specific jobs within the Freight Car Repair and Freight Car Inspection, ensuring that all repairs and/or servicing are performed in a safe and efficient manner, in accordance with Company, Association of American Railroads (AAR), and Transport Canada (TC) regulations.
- Conduct job briefings, end of shift briefings, safety meetings and activities, ensuring that safety rules, procedures and policies are adhered to through efficiency testing and safety tracking document;
- Correct and document safety incidents, safety hazards/concerns, investigates for corrective actions to the various departments, involving the Mechanical Manager and Health and Safety Committee in the prescribed timelines;
- Support, communicate and deliver to key performance indicators. Leads to ensure all direct reports have an understanding of the business objectives, as well as the role they are all accountable for;
- Communicate and interact regularly with management within field operations to ensure Freight Car repair and train servicing is meeting the expectations of internal and external customers;
- Ensure that there is the appropriate level of stock/material and is responsible for ordering within prescribed limits through the SAP system. Supports all expenditure reduction initiatives;
- Maintain communication and foster positive working relationships with local union officials. Ensures the collective agreement is understood and managed as it is written;
- Support and participate in Consequence Leadership, provide employees both Positive and Constructive Feedback throughout shift;
- Support and participate in continuous improvement initiatives to improve productivity and effectiveness of the operation. Support Lean Philosophy and Principals;
- Ensure Freight Car bad order repair, cycle time, dwell time, productivity and key metrics are met. Coordinate with Field Operations to ensure over the road set-offs of bad order Freight Cars are repaired in a timely manner;
- Ensure repairs and train servicing are in compliance with AAR, TC standards and Canadian Pacific polices;
- Support mechanical forces at train incidents within their jurisdiction adhering to the guidelines of the Emergency Response Plan;
- Communicate and interact regularly with local/external counterparts;
- Work directly with employees in the shop & yard environments to establish self-managed work teams and provides guidance and support to employees to bring about the vision of an empowered and engaged workforce.
- Must possess a minimum of a High school diploma or mechanical trade certification;
- Proficient knowledge of railway operations (road, yard, freight car, mechanical);
- Working knowledge of CPKC systems (CIM, TYES, Nexus, SAP and Wreck Estimator) is an asset;
- Microsoft Outlook, Word, Power Point and Excel;
- Knowledge of collective agreement/non- union policies;
- Mechanical aptitude;
- Must be able to work with vast array of employees and be adaptable;
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather;
- Must be able to work shift work;
- Ability to drill down, understand root cause and resolve complex issues.
WHAT CPKC HAS TO OFFER:
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive company pension plan
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Performance Incentive Program
- Annual Fitness Subsidy
As an employer with national presence, the possibility does exist that the location of your position may be changed based on organizational requirements.
Operating safely is a core foundation of CPKC. Our commitment is to protect our people, customers, communities in which we operate the environment and our assets. We are also committed to a healthy and safe workplace. CP’s Alcohol and Drug Policy and Procedures (“Policy and Procedures”) support these commitments. All new hires for a safety sensitive position will be required to complete a pre-employment medical that includes a physical, vision, hearing, alcohol and drug audit assessment. Pre-employment qualification drug test(s) are also required.
The successful candidate will need to successfully complete the following clearances:
- Criminal history check
- Driver License Verification
- Reference Checks
Management Conductor Program:
Becoming a qualified conductor or locomotive engineer is the single best way for a management employee to learn the business at CP. You may be required to obtain a certification or to maintain your current certification/qualification as a conductor or locomotive engineer.
CPKC is an employment equity employer committed to the principles of employment equity and inclusion. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply including women, Black, Indigenous, People of Colour (BIPOC), members of the LGBTQ+ community, and people with disabilities. Accommodations for the job application process can be provided, as appropriate, upon request. All applicant information will be managed in accordance with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)”.
- Req ID: 100350
- Department: Mechanical Car
- Job Type: Full-Time
- Position Type: Non-Union
- Location: Lethbridge , Alberta
- Country: Canada
- % of Travel: 0-10%
- # of Positions: 2
- Job Grade: 5
- Job Available to: Internal & External