Sr Program Analyst
Ville : British Columbia
Catégorie : Other
Industrie : Real estate and rental and leasing
Employeur : BC Housing
SENIOR PROGRAM ANALYST:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Program Analysis, the Senior Program Analyst supports the Commission’s program planning function to improve the delivery and management of affordable housing programs across the province. He/She/They assumes a leadership role on complex projects, including in-depth financial analysis of complex issues within housing projects and portfolios, the analysis of current and proposed policies, programs and legislation, and the development of recommendations for policy/program alternatives and service delivery options in meeting the strategic priorities of the Commission and government.
The successful candidate will have the following:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in planning, public policy, social sciences, economics or other related field.
- Considerable experience in leading complex analytical research projects, including stakeholder consultations, preparing reports and providing recommendations.
- Considerable experience in public policy analysis, program design/ evaluation or complex financial analysis particularly in the field of housing or real property.
- or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and techniques of planning and conducting complex and multi-dimensional projects
- Considerable knowledge of provincial housing programs, subsidy models and supporting resources such as program frameworks, guides and agreements
- Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices and techniques of financial analysis and forecasting.
- Sound knowledge of the principles of loan underwriting
- Sound knowledge of basic accounting in a non-profit environment, including the ability to analyze audited financial statements an asset
- Considerable knowledge of social housing and social policy
- Strong quantitative analysis skill and attention to detail.
- Ability to lead and coordinate complex projects involving extensive consultation with staff and external groups, tracking key deliverables and milestones, and identifying key measures of success
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work to meet competing deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with internal staff and external stakeholders
- Strong analytical abilities including intersectional analysis, research, problem-solving and organizational skills, and a proven ability to reason through complex issues
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including an ability to present information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences, including senior management and external partners.
- Strong leadership skills
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Project)