Sr. Manager, Cloud Compliance & Risk Management
Ville : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Catégorie : Audit | Compliance | Legal | Risk
Industrie : Financial/Banking
Employeur : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
As part of the Cloud Program, your role is to support the Program in the areas of compliance, risk management and audit. You will partner and collaborate with various Cloud stakeholders including but not limited to engineering, operations, security, business, and have the opportunity to be a part of an organization that is at the forefront of transformation in the IT space. This role will be responsible for ensuring the compliance of the Cloud Program with external regulatory requirements in the areas where the Cloud Program operates, internal standards and best practices, all in a proactive, risk-centric and efficient manner. This role also requires strong project management, written & verbal communication and problem-solving skills as well as a deep understanding of IT Risk.
What will you do?
- Provide risk management services to: Product, Engineering, Operations, DevOps, Security, application development and support teams. Risk management services include the following: IT & operational risk analysis, risk & compliance exposure reporting, advisory & consultation on new activities, formal communication with regulators and auditors and risks awareness training.
- Drive transformation of compliance and risk management using modern and up-to-date guidance from relevant groups and industries. Advise on, develop, and implement processes around risk identification, assessment, and remediation.
- Establish plans and roadmaps that include automation, self-service enablement and continuous improvement of risk management and audit readiness in conjunction with cloud teams; balancing compliance and risk management while also improving agility.
- Support consultation on and lead implementation of cloud policy, standards, guidelines, tools.
- Create and monitor awareness and training program throughout the cloud organization to ensure proactive risk practices are maintained.
- Interact with business and IT leaders within T&O to proliferate awareness and shared accountability for Cloud risk management and compliance.
- Act as the key representative in controls workshops with internal/external auditors and regulators. Lead and/or participate and complete internal bank risk activities such as RCSAs, Quantitative Risk Assessments etc.
- Provide subject matter expertise of appropriate enterprise programs, policies, and procedures to be compliant with all applicable regulators/regulations, such as SOX, OSFI, OCC, FINRA and FRBNY. Proactively assess readiness for upcoming exams and prioritize remediation activities.
- Consult in T&O compliance/audit standards for assessing impact to T&O. Stay up to date on changing regulatory standards for external reporting that impact T&O.
- Along with you peer Sr. Managers, support/share the management of audit engagements end-to-end (e.g., planning, scoping, kick-off, fieldwork, rebuttals, drafting remediation plans etc.).
What do you need to succeed?
This role also requires strong project management, written & verbal communication and problem-solving skills as well as a deep understanding of IT Risk. The role requires facilitation and coordination with external/internal auditors and key senior stakeholders across the enterprise.
- 5+ years in the IT compliance, governance, assurance, or financial services industry
- CCSK, CCSP or similar cloud or IT certification (CPA combined with IT experience also considered an asset)
- Experience with AWS, Azure, Google or IBM cloud
- Strong knowledge of Information Security standards and framework (NIST series, ISO 27000 series, CSA, etc.)
- In depth experience with regulatory compliance programs (like OSFI, GDPR, FBA, FedRAMP/ FISMA, HIPAA, SOC 2, PCI, etc.) and audit procedures
- Maturity level and skill/judgment to effectively manage peers and operational risk groups throughout the organization.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) skills, including strengths in relationship management, influencing and negotiation.
- Sound problem solving, analytical (including qualitative analysis), research, and quantitative skills.
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to manage high performing cross functional groups.
Nice to Have
- Prior experience with automation and self-serve enablement of IT processes considered an asset.
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities.
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.