Senior Tax Manager, Mining
Ville : Toronto
Catégorie : Tax
Industrie : Finance
Employeur : KPMG
You’ve got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we’re committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you’ll be one of over 227,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 146 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there’s no limit to the impact you can make. Let’s do this.
The Mining Tax group specializes in providing tax services to mining and mining royalty companies, from the smallest juniors to the senior operators with world-wide operations. We are growing and need a smart, dynamic tax professional to join our team to provide our clients with exceptional service, creative and quality advice and to help us continue to grow.
As a lead member you will work closely with KPMG Partners on tax planning initiatives and requirements. Your organizational skills will enable you to direct the work of junior staff, including reviewing their work for accuracy and completeness. Additionally, you will research and prepare tax-planning strategies for our clients and take the lead on the review of tax returns. The ideal candidate enjoys the spotlight and sets the standard for junior staff, by providing ongoing support and opportunities for professional development.
What you will do
- Leading client engagements
- Working closely with a Partner as a senior team member on tax planning work for clients
- Planning and organizing teams for the preparation of tax returns and conducting and presenting tax research
- Reviewing the work of junior staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Become part of the tax engagement team in servicing the planning and compliance needs of clients
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff
- Work with other office members in attracting new work to the firm
What you bring to the role
- Minimum 5 specializing in Canadian income tax in a public accounting firm or industry setting, preferably with experience in mining or extractive sectors
- CPA designation
- Completed, or nearly completed the CPA In-Depth Tax Course, or graduated from the MTax program
- Excellent people management skills
- Highly motivated individual with a desire for growth
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand the clients business
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professionalism in the performance of duties
- Emphasizes on quality and adds value in their client offerings and services
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Effectively manages conflicting demands and priorities
- Gives others the opportunity to take on new tasks and responsibilities
- Able to instill enthusiasm in others to achieve desired results
- Able to provide persuasive and self-assured responses to challenging questions
Keys to your success:
Individuals who take deep personal accountability for their work, have a passion for excellence, driven to achieve their full potential and understand the value of building relationships with clients, future clients, their communities, the global firm and each other. A KPMG professional should have all the following characteristics:
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.