Senior Medical Planner
Ville : Edmonton
Industrie : Materials & Construction
Employeur : Stantec
Senior Medical Planner - ( 220000PC )
With over 3,000 colleagues in six countries sharing knowledge to bring the most advanced solutions to clients, our integrated platform is unmatched and through the power of design we are improving health worldwide.
We are a collaborative, client-centric organization and we recognize that our shared journey depends on prioritizing community wellness and health equity. This understanding helps us bring value, innovation, and leading-edge best practices to visionary clients around the world. Our collaborative and integrated approach has led to Stantec ranking #1 Healthcare Architect/Design Firm by Commercial Construction & Renovation, the #3 Healthcare Architecture/Engineering by Building Design Construction’s 2020 Giants 400 Report and among the top 10 firms globally working in P3/APD (ENR). In 2020 alone, we completed over 21 million square feet of healthcare projects and to date our practitioners have created and shared thousands of evidence-based design articles.
Transecting the full care continuum, and the full spectrum of planning, architecture and engineering design services, our fully integrated practice and subject matter experts are consistently advancing design for behavioral health, oncology inclusive of particle therapy, children’s care, ambulatory care, senior care, preventative care, academic medical centers, as well as the most acute care settings including field hospitals. We collaborate across buildings to bring best in class innovations from Stantec’s hospitality, workplace, commercial, cultural, and industrial markets—delivering progressive health care environments that improve patient outcomes.
If you are looking to join a remarkable team of passionate, collaborative, and talented designers, this might be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
To be successful as a Senior Medical Planner, a collaborative mindset is essential. You will be surrounded by our network of resources and trusted to collaborate with clients and internal teams alike as a thought leader, health sector champion, brand ambassador, and healthcare planning expert.
As a Senior Medical Planner, you will provide leadership, oversight and content expertise for strategic, master facility, functional space planning and medical planning on health sector projects locally, regionally and nationally as appropriate. You will be involved in the development of integrated design proposals, while leading and mentoring others and collaborating with team members to contribute to the final deliverables in collaboration with the Project Leader. You will be supported by the full breadth and depth of the Global Health Sector team and will have the opportunity to develop integrated design proposals for cutting edge and world-class projects in partnership with top tier marketing, while leading and mentoring others and collaborating with team members to contribute to the final deliverables—bringing inspiration to your daily practice.
Your Key Responsibilities
- To be a medical planner for the design of major healthcare projects, ranging on average from 80,000 sqft to 800,000 sqft in typical project size
- Be responsible for the clinical planning of the full range of care services from preventative, outpatient, acute or post-acute healthcare facilities, through various stages of design, following “best practices” and applying Evidence Based Design
- Be responsible for facilitating QA/QC oversight of strategic, facility master planning and medical planning aspects of project design
- Provide technical assistance in proposal formulation, project set-up, work plan development and budgeting, as requested and appropriate
- Meet directly with the owner/client, analyze project goals, conceive and develop architectural concepts/solutions for those goals
- Initiate and create designs and other documentation with responsibility for preparation of presentation drawings, models and narratives
- Foster a cohesive, effective and efficient team environment based on mutual respect of wide-ranging talents and individual contributions
- Serve as a local leader to inspire our team, represent healthcare design, and reinforce the global brand of Stantec
- Collaborate closely with the Global Health Sector and Business Center leadership to ensure successful project and business outcomes
- Work with various disciplines throughout all phases to ensure all concepts/solutions accommodate project needs and the owner's program
- Develop design solutions that meet both the client’s project goals and Stantec’s Project Essentials
- Build and strengthen connections with clients
- Communicate design, medical planning and strategic solutions in a clear and compelling way that both challenge and respect clients’ needs
- Direct the activities of other designers and mentor other staff members
- Contribute to the thought leadership and brand of Stantec, by sharing knowledge and innovation stories at key client engagements, industry events and across professional networks
- Mentor and coach next generation of designers and thought leaders, as well as receive mentoring and coaching from our established team of designers and thought leaders
- Help build and maintain the design culture of the studio
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrate an extensive understanding of health design complexity, and be knowledgeable of health facility planning and design guidelines and codes
- Evidence of strong working relationship with clients
- A portfolio of substantial projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to prepare and deliver presentations for and lead clinical user group meetings
- Strong leadership and team management skills, including the ability to prioritize work for others, meet deadlines, adhere to work schedules, fees and provide high quality work product
- Experience and/or interest in sustainable design/LEED strongly desired
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, AutoCAD, REVIT). Additional computer skills an asset (Sketchup, Newforma, dRofus)
- Experience in Alternate Project Delivery methodology, considered an asset, as well as Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) experience
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Architecture or Interior Design
- Licensed and/or credentialed Architect or Interior Designer
- 10 years of experience in healthcare planning, design, and project management experience
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. As a Principal Leader within our Global Health Sector, together, we will improve health worldwide through the power of design.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Job : Design Coordinator
Organization : BC-1454 Buildings-National-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 22, 2022, 5:11:23 PM
Req ID: 220000PC
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans