Senior Manager, Solution Delivery
Ville : See posting
Catégorie : Other
Industrie : Public Services/Utilities
Employeur : Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO)
INDEPENDENT ELECTRICITY SYSTEM OPERATOR (IESO)
|Business Unit:||Information & Technology Services|
Why join us?
You’ve got great skills. And you want to use them in an organization where you know what you do every day matters. We get that.
We also know that ensuring Ontarians have access to affordable and reliable power doesn’t happen by accident. So we give you the tools, flexibility and support you need to achieve your goals, and development opportunities to help you grow. You’ll thrive in a collaborative, team-based environment that values your unique skills and experiences – and recognizes that when you do better, we become even better too.
Who we are
The Independent Electricity System Operator (IESO) works at the centre of the province’s power system, ensuring Ontarians have access to reliable and cost-effective electricity when and where they need it. We operate the province’s electricity grid 24/7, design, run and oversee the wholesale electricity markets, and plan and prepare to meet Ontario’s electricity needs – now and into the future.
The Senior Manager, Solution Delivery lead and supervise a team in the Information and Technology Services (I&TS) business unit, and provide supervision to staff, including full responsibility for hiring and advancement, staff development, training, performance reviews, salary recommendations/approvals. Additionally, the incumbent will supervise all aspects of performance management; including dismissal, administering work programs and ensuring staff output effectively meet business needs and goals; ensuring quality, quantity, timeliness of work production to achieve business objectives.
The Senior Manager, Solution Delivery will manage the key relationship between I&TS and their assigned business units by interacting directly we with the business unit senior management to:
- Identify and address issues with respect to the services provided by I&TS;
- Identify opportunities where I&TS can enable their business;
- Enable business strategic initiatives;
- Align the I&TS Strategy with the business strategy; and
- Ensure I&TS technology service levels are meeting business expectations,
And finally, the incumbent will be accountable for managing business applications that are unique to the Independent System Operators (IS):
- Acquisition, configuration, implementation and management of business applications required to meet IESO obligations related to reliably operating the grid, operating and settling the market, managing energy contracts, enabling energy efficiency as well IESO corporate functions;
- Procurement and management of the business applications;
- 24*7 Tier 2 & 3 support for the business applications;
- System Analysis services for changes to the business applications;
- Manage vendor contracts/relationships with suppliers of business applications; and
- Development of standards and guidelines for business application usage/delivery at the IESO.
What you'll be doing
- Lead, co-ordinate, and supervise a team in I&TS
- Supervise assigned staff engaged in the development, implementation, maintenance, support and documentation of business solutions;
- Plan, organize, direct and prioritize the work of the unit in accordance with established I&TS and company standards, specifications, practices and procedures;
- Provide instructions, advice and guidance, and be accountable for the quality and productivity generated by unit. Carry out performance appraisals;
- Provide leadership and direction in terms of achieving objectives and accomplishing work programs;
- Monitor operational performance of the team against planned targets;
- Provide supervision to staff, including full responsibility for hiring and advancement, staff development, training, performance reviews, salary recommendations/approvals, all aspects of performance management, including dismissal, administering work programs and ensuring staff output effectively meet business needs and goals; ensuring quality, quantity, timeliness of work production to achieve business objectives;
- Provide clear expectations, performance measures, meaningful feedback and corrective action as required; and
- Work with staff to identify training and development needs and solutions to enhance and develop their skills to ensure availability of key knowledge skills to achieve work unit’s objectives.
- Manage relationship between assigned business partners and I&TS
- Work as the strategic interface with assigned areas of the business for the purpose of business-IT strategy; development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship management;
- Serve as the relationship linkage between the assigned business partners and I&TS;
- Provide highly-valued strategic consulting level support and guidance;
- Facilitate and serve as a lead for planning and execution of initiatives to enable their business partners to achieve their objectives through effective use of technology;
- Communicate decisions, priorities and relevant information to appropriate levels of staff regarding incidents, service requests, projects and initiatives;
- Serve as a “trusted advisor,” and function as a key point of contact for IT business stakeholders;
- Represent I&TS to their assigned business partners by promoting I&TS’s vision, value, services, and capabilities;
- Act as an advocate on behalf of business stakeholders to ensure IT services meet their business priorities and need;
- Work as the strategic interface with assigned areas of the business for the purpose of business-IT strategy; development, solution discovery, service management, risk management and relationship managemen; and
- Serve as the relationship linkage between the assigned business partners and I&TS.
Maintain, operate and enhance the business solutions assigned to their portfolio
Responsible for day to day operations of the business solutions within their portfolio, including the execution of maintenance procedures and service level management;
Plan, Initiate and support the initiatives related to managing risks related to the solutions in their portfolio including patch management, capacity management and maintaining currency of the solutions;
Look for opportunities to improve the operations of the solutions in their portfolio; and
Ensure that solutions with their portfolio are managed according to IESO IT Governance standards and guidelines.
- Deliver Changes to the business solutions assigned to their portfolio in partnership with Solution Delivery
- Provide the expertise needed to support the execution of changes to the business solutions in their portfolio as part of the Solution Delivery Life Cycle processes; and
- Implement changes to business solutions to satisfy business requirement.
- Be the contract manager for vendor’s who provide support for the business solutions in their portfolio
- Work with IESO procurement to ensure alignment with policy;
- Manage the vendor relationship by: attending vendor status meetings, addressing issues or concerns with vendor performance; maintaining contract and licensing requirements; and
- Ensure that the IESO is achieving the requisite value from our vendor partners.
What you'll need
- The incumbent must be able to communicate clearly, negotiate, influence, listen, mitigate conflict, build alliances and achieve desired results using strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills.
- Knowledge of technology risks and opportunities are shared to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the IESO.
In-depth knowledge about their business partner’s business in order
to provide advice and recommendations related to the use information technology to improve business and strategic outcomes.
Knowledgeable about the capabilities of technology available at the IESO and within the industry in order to influence the technology decisions that achieve the necessary business results.
This knowledge can only be gained through experience working on business solutions at the IESO or other Independent System Operators.
Requires experience with information technology and IT operations practices and procedures.
- Requires experience in dealing with various internal organizational units.
- Requires experience in the supervisory aspects of the job.
- Requires knowledge of engineering and computer principles to provide leadership to their team.
- This knowledge is considered to be normally acquired either through the successful completion of a 4-year university education in the appropriate field/ discipline or by having the equivalent level of education
- A period of over 10 years up to and including 12 years is considered necessary to gain this experience
What’s in it for you
- A comprehensive total rewards program, including best-in-class benefits and a flexible workplace
- A challenging, fast-paced and collaborative team environment, where your perspectives and experiences matter
- Leaders who support your growth and success through regular feedback and coaching
- The opportunity to work with some of the brightest minds in the industry
Deadline: December 7, 2022
For future reference, please ensure to save a copy of the job description as it will no longer be available once the posting closes.
At the IESO, we know that achieving great results depends on embracing diversity by attracting, developing and retaining people from a wide variety of backgrounds. We do this by ensuring our recruitment and advancement policies are fair and equitable, and by creating an accessible and inclusive environment – one that values every team member’s unique skills and experiences and ensures they have the support they need to achieve their potential. If you require accommodation during the recruitment process, please let us know.
We thank you for your interest in a career at the IESO, but we will only contact those candidates selected for an interview.
Note: The successful candidate must be eligible to work in Canada and will be subject to a background check.
The IESO commenced its 6-month Hybrid Work Model Pilot Program on March 28th, 2022. The Model allows for remote working up to three days per week, based on business needs. When working in the office, you will be located in Mississauga.
Join our talent community
Sign up for talent community; stay in touch, find out about new opportunities – and discover how you can make a difference. Discover how we use our expertise and commitment to deliver reliable and affordable electricity to Ontario’s businesses and communities, and how we’re innovating to secure a stronger energy future for all Ontarians. Visit Careers at IESO and be sure to follow us on LinkedIn.
Find out why we were selected as Greater Toronto’s Top 2022 Employers, and what we offer.