Senior Hydrotechnical Engineer
Ville : Terrace
Industrie : Materials & Construction
Employeur : Stantec
Senior Hydrotechnical Engineer - ( 220002HS )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
Stantec’s British Columbia offices (Kelowna, Burnaby, Victoria, Terrace, or Prince George) are seeking a Senior Hydrotechnical Engineer to join our growing Water Resources group.
Your Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities include; but are not limited to:
- Leading engineering assessment and design for:
+ River infrastructure including: water intakes; outfalls; dams and weirs; fishways; flood mitigation, erosion control; river training; and protective works.
+ Watercourse crossings such as bridges, pipelines, roads and other linear infrastructure.
+ Fish habitat and watercourse restoration using bioengineering techniques.
+ Flood inundation, and flood hazard mapping.
+ Applied hydrologic studies including flood frequency analysis.
- Managing projects, administering contracts, and controlling budgets.
- Writing proposals and business development initiatives.
- Contract document preparation, including detailed design drawings and specifications.
- Construction contract administration and site inspection services.
- Mentoring and on-the-job training to staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstratable understanding and experience using of HEC-RAS and other hydraulic modelling software.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to grow in your career in a challenging environment that fosters self-improvement though leadership, mentoring and a diversity of experience.
Education and Experience
At a minimum, the successful candidate will possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in Civil or Water Resources Engineering
- Over 10-years consulting experience, directly related to river engineering, hydrotechnical engineering, and water resources.
- Registration as a professional engineer with EGBC or qualifications to obtain this registration at the start of employment.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-British Columbia-Victoria, Canada-British Columbia-Terrace, Canada-British Columbia-Prince George
Job : Civil Engineer
Organization : BC-1117 Water-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jul 11, 2022, 3:24:30 PM
Req ID: 220002HS
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans