Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Ville : BURNABY
Industrie : Materials & Construction
Employeur : Stantec
Senior Geotechnical Engineer - ( 22000383 )
Build the foundation for a lasting and successful career in geotechnical engineering by starting with a good team. When we say that we’re full-service, we mean it. You’ll find us in the office, on site and in the lab. We work indoors and out, above and below ground, over and under water, across projects large and small. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid. Join our team today!
Stantec strives to be a leading global design firm and our Geotechnical Engineering team provides a solid foundation to our civil projects. From field exploration and laboratory testing to the design and construction management of complex Geotechnical structures, our team does work that’s rock solid. We perform Geotechnical studies to solve pressing infrastructure and construction rehabilitation issues. Sometimes, we break new ground with our ideas. Other times, we’re bringing stability to a project. We push the boundaries as leaders and experts in our field and encourage our fellow team members to do the same. Join our team today!
The role of the Senior Geotechnical Engineer provides the opportunity to work on Engineering and Geotechnical projects in a multi-discipline project team environment. Working in our Burnaby, British Columbia office, it is expected that your technical skills will help boost the growth of the geotechnical team. We are also open to candidates based in one of our other Stantec offices in British Columbia. This role will allow you to leverage your geotechnical engineering skills and project management experience, lead project work, and provide mentorship to junior staff and assist them with the development of their technical skills.
This position offers an excellent opportunity for professional development and career advancement.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Working on a variety of projects spanning from transportation, commercial/industrial developments, water and wastewater, transmission and oil & gas
- Collaborating with our staff to complete Geotechnical Engineering design/analysis, provide recommendations and prepare Geotechnical reports to address applicable issues, such as site preparation, ground improvement options, foundation design (shallow and deep foundations), slope stability, seismic hazard, and others.
- Preparing proposals (developing scopes and budgets)
- Reviewing project documents for technical accuracy and competency
- Project managing multiple geotechnical projects
- Managing clients and contractors
- Overseeing work performed by Intermediate staff, EIT’s, and technical staff
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A strong commitment to safety
- Familiar with local bylaws and design codes (e.g., BCBC, NBCC, CSA-S6-14)
- Strong client, sub-consultant, and contractor management experience
- Proficiency with common geotechnical software (e.g., GeoStudio™, LPile, and Settle 3D)
- Professional Engineer in good standing with EGBC, with P.Eng. designation, or eligibility to obtain a license to practice in British Columbia
- Demonstrated knowledge of the consulting business and understanding the critical nature of practical value-driven solutions which are not always the most technically complex
- Excellent organizational ability, report writing, and verbal communication are essential
- Experience in supervision, guidance, development, and mentoring of junior staff
- Previous experience working in an engineering consulting environment
- Previous project management experience is highly desirable
- Experience with Alternative Project Delivery methods (e.g., Design-Build) would be an asset
- Demonstrated ability and desire to work with and contribute to a larger team
Education and Experience
A university degree in civil (geotechnical) or geological engineering from an accredited university.
Strong technical background with a broad range of project experience spanning at least 20 years
Specific knowledge and understanding of the geology of British Columbia and the related seismic hazards is an asset
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Fieldwork may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby
Job : Geotechnical Engineer
Organization : BC-1233 Environmental Services-GE-CA Alberta South
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Sep 26, 2022, 7:11:22 AM
Req ID: 22000383
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans