Senior Financial Analyst -12M Contract
Ville : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H 0B4
Catégorie : Financial Specialist
Industrie : Finance
Employeur : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 168935
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The Senior, Financial Planning and Analysis plays a key role in supporting Asset Management within Global Wealth Management. The role is responsible for financial reporting, planning, and analysis, providing financial insight to the business lines partners (internal and external views). The role reports to the Manager, and works in close partnership with the business leaders, and other business partners on reporting, analysis, and continuously looking for opportunities for process optimization. The role is required to demonstrate strong leadership skills to drive adoption of new financial planning (budgeting and forecasting) processes and procedures within Asset Management Finance
Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
- Reporting: Actively support Asset Management Finance team with the monthly & quarterly financial reporting & analysis. Such as (not limited to);
- Prepare month-end and quarter-end financial results
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of financial results
- Complete variance analysis to understand significant transactions, and drivers for variance
- Planning and Forecasting: Actively participate in the quarterly forecasting process, annual profit planning and multi-year forecasting process for Asset Management. Such as (not limited to);
- meeting with department heads and further developing current processes related to forecasting of revenue / expenses
- Timely and accurate preparation of budgets relating to business units and support groups
- Ownership of timely collection of financial and non-financial data from business lines
- Complete analytical review to:
- Ensure completeness and reasonability of forecast, provide viable solutions to issues raised
- Understand the relevant performance of the business to base forecast
- Closing Journal Entries and Trial Balance Process
- Assist in the preparation of monthly journal entries and supporting entries for business line allocations
- Business Insights and Analytics: periodically prepare insightful analysis on financial information and trends to support management reporting
- Other Responsibilities
- Provides resolution to Finance request for information on financial and management reports, revenue and expense analysis and any other finance-related inquires. Also, assist in various ad-hoc reporting for Senior Management.
- Assist with business-line compensation items
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role? - We'd love to work with you if you have:
- University degree specializing in Finance/Accounting.
- A professional accounting designation (CPA, CGA or CMA), or MBA would be an asset
- Minimum of 2 years work experience is required.
- Strong technical skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, etc)
- High level of accuracy and keen eye for detail
- Good communication skills and a good team player
- Strong knowledge of the securities and financial services industry (ie investment funds industry) an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.