Senior Engineer & Project Manager
Ville : Waterloo
Industrie : Materials & Construction
Employeur : Stantec
Senior Engineer & Project Manager - ( 2200044Z )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec is seeking a Senior Transportation Engineer & Project Manager with 10-15 years of related experience to help grow our Ontario presence in Hamilton, London, and Waterloo! This group provides consulting services for Class Environmental Assessment, Preliminary Design, and Detail Design projects for public sector clients, including several Ontario Southwest/GTA municipalities and the Ministry of Transportation Ontario.
The qualified candidate should be a licensed P.Eng. in Ontario and will be responsible for managing projects and providing oversight and guidance over various disciplines/technical areas, staffing, marketing and business development.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Project management, including proposals and scope of work preparation, budgeting, invoicing, scheduling, etc.
- Preparation and development of engineering design plans. Coordination of projects between disciplines.
- QA/QC review of design plans, in compliance with design standards and guidelines.
- Coordinate with clients and agencies regarding project data, needs and status, as necessary.
- Prepare and negotiate scopes of work and cost estimates.
- Maintain project financials, invoicing, cash collections, and maximizing profit on projects.
- Collaborating with Transportation Leaders and other Project Managers to identify staffing, equipment, and training requirements
- Supporting the Stantec Quality Management System, and promoting Stantec’s Environmental Health & Safety program
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proven Project Management Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of relevant roadway and highway design guides, such as the TAC Geometric Design Guide and local client design guides
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Familiarity with highway and roadway design related software such as AutoCAD, Civil 3D, MicroStation, and InRoads
- Project management experience
- Experience with marketing, proposal preparation, fee preparations, negotiations, and contracts.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, or related field or demonstrated equivalent combination of education, skills, knowledge, abilities and experience. Ontario P.Eng. with 10 or more years of progressive roadway/highway design experience.
For this position, we will also consider a strong Transportation Project Engineer who is ready for the “next level”. As a new Project Manager, Stantec will support your growth and development within the Project Management Stream through mentoring with other Senior Project Managers and exposure to progressively more complex projects.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Organization : BC-1650 Transportation-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 12, 2022, 9:28:24 AM
Req ID: 2200044Z
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans