Senior Civil (CAD) Technologist
Ville : DARTMOUTH
Industrie : Materials & Construction
Employeur : Stantec
Senior Civil (CAD) Technologist - ( 220003ZV )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
Stantec is a dynamic, people-centered environment that has been recognized by Forbes as one of the world’s best employers. Stantec has also been ranked as the fifth most sustainable company in the world (first in North America!) by Corporate Knights. Those achievements, along with our team of brilliant specialists, have helped the Water group to thrive in meeting the design needs for our clients in Mining, Geotech, Pulp & Paper, Food & Beverage, Power, Manufacturing, and the Public Sector.
Prior to the current global pandemic, our team was regularly collaborating on projects in Atlantic Canada and across North America. We continue to do so and are excited to have improved on these skills to foster a high-performing, collaborative team, that successfully delivers projects and services to our clients.
One thing that makes our team so special is the diversity in expertise amongst our peers. The successful candidate should be comfortable working and collaborating on a variety of different projects alongside their team. One week you could be working on a site development project in St. John’s, NL and the next, a subdivision design project in Halifax, NS or Victoria, BC.
We are seeking an enthusiastic, self-motivated, team player that is excited about taking on a new challenge. While the successful candidate will be based in Dartmouth NS, Moncton NB, Fredericton NB, or St. John’s they will be supporting, and will have support from, team members across North America.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Preparing engineering drawings for projects with AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Preparing plan, profile, grading, surface design for water, storm, wastewater piping, and roadways design from concept to final.
- Preparing presentation graphics and report figures.
- Completing quantity takeoffs and earthwork quantity analysis.
- Coordinating project drawings with project managers, technical staff, and others.
- Completing model reviews and collaborating with other technical disciplines.
- Ensuring that the projects' needs are met in a timely and effective manner.
- Understanding and adhering to Stantec and client standards.
- Mentoring and supporting Junior/Intermediate Civil Technologists.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong communication skills, along with excellent interpersonal and organizational abilities and a willingness to work in a team atmosphere.
- Highly organized, have significant attention to detail, able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
- Experience with MS Office Suite including Word, and Excel.
- Experience in following considered an asset:
- Construction review of civil site work
- Contract administration support
- GPS and topographic surveying
- Bentley InRoads / OpenRoads
- Autodesk BIM 360 and ProjectWise
- Autodesk Recap
- AutoTurn or Vehicle tracking
- Trimble Business Centre
- Microsoft Teams
- Experience and familiarity with municipal, urban development and water resources disciplines and/or an education background in these areas.
Education and Experience
A Civil Technologist Diploma / Geomatics Technologist Diploma.10 years of related experience, and a comprehensive knowledge of AutoCAD and Civil 3D.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth
Other Locations : Canada-New Brunswick-Saint John, Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's
Organization : BC-1269 Water-Delivery-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Nov 22, 2022, 9:49:51 AM
Req ID: 220003ZV
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans