Senior Business Analyst ( 1 year contract )
Ville : Toronto, ON, CA, M5C2W1
Catégorie : Business and Financial Operations
Industrie : Finance
Employeur : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 168016
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
This Business Analyst role is responsible for ‘gathering and documenting’ business requirements related to FINTRAC Regulatory Reporting of Electronic Fund Transfers Reports (EFTRs), Large Cash Transaction Reports (LCTRs) and Suspicious Transaction Reports (STRs).
This Business Analyst candidate must apply leadership capabilities, experience, and have knowledge of the following:
• Canadian banking industry
• Business analysis (methodology, tools)
• Anti-Money Laundering (AML) governance
This Business Analyst role supports the Director, Senior Managers, and Managers of the Canadian Policy and Regulatory Reporting Team by driving the elicitation of business requirements (collecting and documenting) required for delivery of critical technology and operational requirements.
Support encompasses the following:
• Gathering/collecting business requirements
• Writing business requirements
• Documenting and/or summarizing issues, root cause, and solution/resolution.
• Supporting the development and maintenance of related project plans
• Executing standard governance processes
• Interfacing with the various project and business teams.
The candidate must demonstrate the ability to work independently and to work with teams (internal, cross-functional).
This Business Analyst ensures all activities conducted follow both the FINTRAC governing regulations and the Scotiabank enterprise policies and procedures.
• Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout the team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems, and knowledge.
• Working under the leadership of the Director and the Senior Manager and Managers, the Business Analyst will be directly responsible for driving the overall workstream execution by:
- Creating and maintaining detailed business requirements documents.
- Creating and maintaining all related business and project documentation.
- Working with other AML Project leads and business execution teams, both advisory and challenge functions, deep diving into workstream issues to drive resolutions
- Support the Director of the Canadian Policy and Regulatory Reporting, AML Risk with all on-going and ad-hoc program requirements to ensure successful delivery
• Ensure documented processes and actual practices are aligned with the Bank’s enterprise policies and FINTRAC standards.
• Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Delivering key insights from an AML Risk execution perspective to inform executive leadership.
• Providing input into the AML Risk plan view and required decisions / approaches in relations to assigned work packages.
• Coordinating with all relevant stakeholders.
• Identifying and raising any Bank enterprise activities that may be common across the business lines.
• Work with other key stakeholders within AML on as needed basis to ensure meeting requirements from program delivery and reporting perspectives.
• Participate in the operational implementation processes by assisting in the development of communications and publications of audit closure memos, matrixes, and all supporting documentations.
• Develop and maintain a sound knowledge and understanding of the Bank’s AML/ATF policies and procedures relating to the reporting of LCTRs and EFTRs (SWIFT and non- SWIFT).
• Maintain ongoing knowledge of compliance regulations specific to the Proceeds of Crime Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing Act (PCMLTFA), keeping abreast of regulatory changes and impacts to the Bank’s first line operations.
• Demonstrates strong strategic thinking, planning and execution ability
• Proven creative, self-starter, results-oriented, and highly motivated individual with good analytical skills in order to apply this knowledge to improve existing solutions and assist in the development of AML/ATF strategies
• Knowledge of trends and best practices in respect of internal controls, in relation to regulatory reporting to FINTRAC
• Must have knowledge and strong understanding of FINTRAC reporting of LCTRs and EFTRs.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, essential for working with other stakeholders
• Strong prioritizing, planning, analytical, presentation, project management, and relationship building skills
• Previous banking experience is considered an asset
Education / Experience
• A recognized under-graduate degree in a business or technical discipline.
• 2+ years of experience as a Business Analyst or Business Systems Analyst in an agile or lean environment.
• ACAMS certification an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.