Ville : WINNIPEG
Industrie : Materials & Construction
Employeur : Stantec
Roadway Engineer - ( 220000JN )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
We are seeking a driven and motivated individual to join our team as a Roadway Engineer!
Stantec’s Winnipeg office designs a wide variety of transportation projects, such as bicycle / pedestrian projects, intersection improvements, roundabouts, arterial widening, complete streets, and urban and rural roads. These projects will offer the selected candidate opportunities to experience a broad range of professional experience.
In addition to this, the selected candidate will be given opportunities to support and mentor other staff that may show an affinity towards road design, project management, and business development. This opportunity also involves duties supporting strategic direction of the group and health & safety related initiatives.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform roadway and active transportation designs and provides design reviews of work completed by others.
- Provide project management and contract administration support during construction and respond to request for clarification or information related to projects under construction.
- Manage and oversee field staff conducting resident engineering services.
- Ability to work effectively independently and also as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, multi-tasking, and attentiveness to detail.
- Willingness to learn new skills and interface with multiple project managers and clients.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to accommodate project schedules and deadlines.
- Assist with preparation of design and contract documents including technical and other project specifications.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients and peers.
- Maintain a valid Class 5 drivers license.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficiency with AutoCAD.
- Proficiency in Civil 3D is an asset.
- Working knowledge of collaborative tools such as Autodesk, Adobe, and Bluebeam.
- Demonstrated knowledge of geometric design guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Experience with City of Winnipeg design specifications and standards is considered an asset.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s of Science (B.Sc.) degree in Civil Engineering from an accredited university.
- Registered (or eligible for registration) as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Manitoba.
- Minimum 5 years of direct and related work experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Job : Civil Engineer
Organization : BC-1137 Transportation-CA Manitoba
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 15, 2022, 7:33:05 AM
Req ID: 220000JN
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans