QA Engineer – Business Intelligence
Ville : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Catégorie : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industrie : Financial/Banking
Employeur : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
In this role, you will be a QA Engineer where responsibilities include implementing a QA framework to support various internally built business intelligence applications with I&TS, as well as subsequent development, testing, and maintenance. You will have an active interest in financial markets, while also functioning primarily as a technologist adept in delivering high-quality solutions to meet requirements. In addition, you will proactively mitigate possible avenues of risk and bottlenecks as the usage of these tools continue to grow.
What will you do?
- Develop and implement a QA framework from scratch, spanning multiple internally-developed business intelligence applications
- Creating test transactions and running tests to find errors and revise application programs
- Deliver new design and development specifications based on stakeholder requirements, while adhering to standard procedures and techniques
- Assess, research and analyze business and system issues/needs, exploring alternative options to recommend solutions and designs that meet business requirements
- Ensure accurate technical documentation for Production systems and processes and coordinate/provide end-user application training as required
- Mentor junior members of the team
- Engage in agile-like software development cycle, with focus on quick delivery to market
- Coordinate with team to investigate and address technical issues, frequently working with IT support teams across I&TS IT and RBC
What do you need to succeed?
- 5+ years of software development in an Agile environment
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Strong leadership, organization and problem solving skills
- Ability to build rapport with team members, stakeholders/interface groups
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with and aptitude for working within a start-up environment
- Knowledge in banking/finance
- Experience with Django Web Framework
What’s in it for you?
- Excellent exposure to communicate with various business partners and stakeholders in Investor & Treasury Services and within other platforms as appropriate
- Opportunity to obtain hands-on experience throughout your role
- Working with an exciting, close-knit, supportive & dynamic group
- Opportunity to collaborate with other business segments within the bank
- Excellent career development and progression opportunities
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits
- Competitive compensation
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.