Pursuit Lead, Community Development
Ville : Mississauga
Industrie : Materials & Construction
Employeur : Stantec
Pursuit Lead, Community Development - ( 23000265 )
Grow with the best. Join a smart, creative, and inspired team that accomplishes operational excellence. Bringing together individuals with diverse backgrounds, talents, and expertise, our 25,000 team members in over 400 locations worldwide are vital to making our company stronger.
Are you ready to wake up every day feeling excited about your job, and do you like to be part of a winning team? Are you looking for an opportunity where you can work with and be inspired by creative colleagues, make an impact on your community, gain valuable experience, and build your career? Meet Stantec. We are ranked as one of the most sustainable companies in the world, and we want you to have a future here.
Our people are at the core of everything we do. Driven by a culture of inclusion, we offer dozens of employee resource groups, growth opportunities, and flexible work arrangements. We understand that the tools for success look different for everyone, and we’re committed to providing each employee with the support and flexibility they need to thrive.
We are looking for a full-time Pursuit Lead to provide marketing leadership in the pursuit of specific project opportunities and key markets. Your strategic expertise will evolve Community Development (https://www.stantec.com/en/services/community-development) ’s desired market position, grow our key client relationships, and lead the creation of winning proposals/presentations and communications. The ideal candidate will have a passion for nitty gritty details—an energetic team player who can leverage internal relationships across North America, manage multiple projects at the same time, and thrive in a collaborative, deadline-driven environment.
If this sounds like your perfect role, we would love to hear from you.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager of our Community Development business line, the Pursuit Lead collaborates with business line leadership across North America and local/regional marketing regularly. This person oversees and delivers on complex Top Pursuits from identifying the lead to a win announcement and pursuit debrief. In this role you will collaborate with a range of marketing, business development, public relations, and communications professionals to evolve our best practices, build our brand awareness, and identify market opportunities for top line growth.
Your Key Responsibilities
Strategy Support and Implementation:
- Diligently implement our business development process to capture must-win, strategic pursuits across Stantec's Community Development (https://www.stantec.com/en/services/community-development) business line
- Partner with Marketing Manager and sales leaders to monitor Top Pursuit lists and offer insights on progress and prioritization of key pursuits.
- Early involvement with pursuit team ahead of a Request for Proposals (RFP) to position us to win. (e.g., Research, project-specific Capture Plan, SWOT analyses, pursuit strategy, teaming strategy, and content creation that clearly differentiates Stantec)
+ Lead go/no go assessments to help teams identify knowledge gaps and next steps for lead-specific follow up.
+ Work with our Market Research team to proactively inform Top Pursuit leads or Key Account Management initiatives.
+ Leverage companywide network to identify and put forward Stantec’s unique capabilities and resources
+ Develop and deliver pursuit-oriented marketing campaigns for major pursuits. Create and modify existing materials and write content to communicate our capabilities and market messages.
- Drive proposal management and diverse teams towards deadlines and in compliance with client-set expectations (e.g. RFP analysis, final ‘go’ decision, facilitate strategy review, conduct kick-off meeting, manage and work with pursuit team to develop responses, lead in-progress reviews, incorporate review team input, ensure on-time response delivery)
- Lead and/or oversee interview preparation for Top Pursuits as needed.
- Facilitate and/or participate in Top Pursuit debriefs to celebrate successes/learn from challenges.
- Collaborate with specialized marketing peers and PR to create and publish pursuit-supportive content and measure success.
- Lead quality control peer reviews for select regional strategic pursuits
- Apply creativity to improve visual communication in written documents and/or be able to give direction to our graphic design team to support visuals
- Work with pursuit team to monitor M&BD spend and report any significant variances
- Ensure that pursuit documents comply with our corporate branding guidelines and client confidentiality requirements
- Share sales materials, information, knowledge, and best practices with other MBD team members across Stantec
Your Capabilities & Credentials
- Strong knowledge and understanding of marketing and business development best practices
- Detail-oriented and organized, with exceptional prioritization skills
- The ability to develop win themes and integrate them throughout a proposal
- Demonstrated ability to provide critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Can work independently, collaboratively as part of a team, and in conjunction with senior management/executive staff
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management, supervisors, peers, and clients, internally and externally
- Excellent interviewing, written, and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills in small or large group environments, with proficiency in presentation support tools (e.g., PowerPoint)
- Demonstrated proficiency with web-based tools and Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Proficient InDesign and Adobe Acrobat
- Working knowledge in the use Photoshop, Illustrator, and SharePoint is supportive, but not required
- Willingness to learn new tools and processes to evolve effectively with our business, and awareness that some training may involve professional development courses
- Awareness that attendance of trade and industry association events, and networking with marketing peers at our identified teaming partner firms could be required
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary in business, marketing, communications, public relations, or an equivalent level of experience
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in a senior marketing role in the A/E/C industry
Stantec is a place where smart, caring people come to build on each other’s talents and make an impact on the world. Find your fit. Apply today.
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Ontario-Mississauga
Organization : BC-1301 Marketing & Communications-BOU-Canada
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 19, 2023, 10:30:19 AM
Req ID: 23000265
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans