Program Manager – Sustainability
Ville : GTA, ON, Canada
Catégorie : Full-Time
Industrie : Finance & Accounting
Employeur : Mattamy Homes
Etobicoke, Ontario – Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Greater Toronto Urban Division
Vice President of Finance
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
The path to a more sustainable future is one that will require tremendous innovation and Mattamy is firmly committed to getting there. Mattamy Homes wants to redefine what industry leadership means through the lens of sustainability and is looking for a Program Manager of Sustainability in our GTA Urban Division that will play a critical role in achieving our sustainability goals. This role will be responsible for sustainability reporting, advocacy and awareness across our Urban division. Partnering closely with our Construction, Development and Sales & Marketing teams they will help establish project baselines, carbon reduction targets and act as a central hub, to ensure Urban sustainability initiatives are well coordinated and tracked. This role will be a champion and a leader for Mattamy sustainability initiatives at the Divisional level.
What you’ll do
- Measure and report on progress for all sustainability process initiatives and project pursuits by working directly with the Urban sustainability subject matter experts and project teams
- Responsible for building and consistently evolving the Urban reporting infrastructure and data governance for both qualitative and quantitative sustainability goals / KPI’s at a project and divisional level
- Communicate progress on ESG initiatives through presentations to all stakeholders in and outside the division including senior leadership
- In collaboration with the subject matter experts in Development and Construction build and refine carbon measurement models and establish measurement scope for both division and external reporting
- Oversee the sustainability opportunities Intake assessment process
- Support project planning and delivery through information and resource coordination, problem and impact analysis, solution proposals, and more.
- Prepare training materials for the broader organization to create awareness on the ESG strategy and ongoing initiatives within the company
- Liaise with Division FP&A and Mattamy Asset Management to stay up to date on external reporting requirements, prepare memos, presentations and communications on division performance as necessary
- Represent the Urban division on the Environmental Action Council to ensure alignment between US/CAN low-rise divisions and GTA Urban
- Support market research in conjunction with Sales & Marketing and keep abreast of changes taking place within the industry around sustainability
- Establish and monitor sustainability budgets at a division and project level
What you bring
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or Business Administration or related field
- 5+ years of related work experience with a minimum of 3 years experience in a reporting capacity establishing and tracking key performance indicators and business metrics
- Demonstrated experience in Project Management
- Share our core value in helping lead the homebuilding industry in developing more sustainably
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, including ability to translate complex messages and recommendations into concise proposals, reports and presentations
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish credibility, trust and build relationships with people of all levels of the organization, including but not limited to Development, Construction, Sales & Marketing and Finance
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Positive attitude, responsive and action oriented
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Experience in Real Estate/Development or related industry
- Lean Six Sigma knowledge
- Specialized training and/or experience in Corporate Sustainability
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.