Ville : Saint John
Catégorie : Production & Skilled Trades
Industrie : Miscellaneous manufacturing
Employeur : J.D. Irving
Irving Wallboard is a highly automated manufacturing facility that provides a broad range of gypsum wallboard products for use in the construction industry. Our top-quality wallboard is made in our 300,000 square foot facility, one of the newest and most modern wallboard manufacturing facilities in North America. From residential to commercial, we produce a full array of products in widths up to 54 inches with multiple lengths and edge details.
Safety is key to our business performance and a core business value, building a productive environment and culture that fosters an accident-free workplace. Atlantic Wallboard is part of the Construction and Equipment Division with the J.D. Irving, Limited group of companies.
We provide an opportunity for you to build your career with a dynamic company, offering personal and professional growth through investment, training and development, mentorship, and real-world challenge to support you in reaching your career goals.
About the Opportunity
The PRODUCTION OPERATOR role is focused on the safe and efficient process of making world class gypsum wallboard. Production Operators become fluent in all areas of the process with a vast range of skills developed as their career progresses.
What We Offer to You
- Overtime and shift premium pay, when applicable
- Pay for Knowledge increases with area sign-offs
- Group RRSP contribution matching program
- Flexible benefits, including a Health Spending Account
- Fitness center located on-site
- Health & Wellness reimbursement program
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- Employee wallboard product purchasing program
- Relocation costs, if applicable
- Opportunity to grow your career among the larger network of JDI companies
- Uniform Program
Your Role Expectations:
- Willingness to work a continuous shift schedule
- Willingness to train on and work with mobile equipment
- Work with high performing teams to resolve process related issues
- Conduct regular quality checks with rigor and attention to detail
- Operate safely and confidently in a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Effective verbal and written communication
Professional Skills Expectations:
- Process Control Technician program considered an asset
- Manufacturing experience considered an asset
- Strong problem solving, trouble shooting, and communication skills are an asset
- Must be a self-starter and capable of making decisions in a team based work environment
- Good mechanical aptitude is considered an asset
- Competency in Microsoft Office programs (excel, word, outlook) would be an asset
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online. We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Atlantic Wallboard Limited is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.