Ville : Lake Utopia
Catégorie : Engineering & Science
Industrie : Paper manufacturing
Employeur : J.D. Irving
At J.D. Irving, Limited, you are part of an energetic team of professionals who lead with integrity and are passionate about achieving results. With a culture that nurtures talent and creates an inclusive workplace, you can grow your career across our diverse operating divisions.
Lake Utopia Paper, located near St. George, New Brunswick, produces high quality corrugating medium for packaging. Our product is made of Canadian hardwood (70%), from environmentally certified forests, and recycled, sorted corrugated containers (30%). Our mill delivers world class quality and service, and we continue to grow.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineer to work within our technical operations group.
As a key team member of the Technical Department within the mill, this position will initially be focused on our environmental treatment facility at Lake Utopia Paper where we operate the world's largest Anerobic Digester. The position is responsible to manage projects in the areas of product development, process improvement, cost control, and to support capital projects.
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, preferably Chemical Engineering
- Years of Experience Required: 2-5+ years of engineering experience in an industrial environment, experience in the pulp and paper or environmental industry considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills with an emphasis on well-developed skills in written communication
- Strong focus on safety and process improvement
- Ability to excel in team environment and participate in cross functional teams
- Provide technical support to operations in the form of process engineering, process development, and troubleshooting
- Develop and implement data collection systems for improved analysis and communication
- Liaise with both suppliers and customers
- Provide technical support to capital projects when the need arises
- Find improvement opportunities, develop end execute plans to make the improvements
What We Offer:
- Competitive salaries
- Complete benefits program including:
- Health coverage
- Fitness and Wellness reimbursements
- Opportunity to work with leading edge technology, processes and equipment
- Career development and ongoing professional development opportunities
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Lake Utopia Paper is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.