Powerhouse Shift Engineer (2nd Class)
Ville : Brandon
Catégorie : Other
Industrie : Food/Packaging
Employeur : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:Our pork processing plant in Brandon is currently seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and energetic individual to join the Maple Leaf family. Are you motivated, ready to be challenged and are driven to succeed in an environment that rewards success? Get a fresh start with Maple Leaf Foods.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Operation of the powerhouse on a shift basis
- Powerhouse equipment consists of Water treatment system – softeners, chemical feed systems, condensate return system.
- Operation of three gas fired boilers – two 700 HP Cleaver-Brooks HRTs, one 112 HP water tube Operation of 15 NH3 compressors and 8675 tons of refrigeration
- Insure supply of steam, electricity, refrigeration, air and water to process is maintained at all times
- Operation of plant air system – three compressors, heated regenerative desiccant air dryer
- Monitor fire system – report deficiencies as found
- Heating and ventilation system operation and inspection by another shift help.
- Monitor and do inventory on powerhouse equipment, chemicals and supplies.
- Perform required testing on equipment and systems (water treatment, oil sampling, boiler controls, etc.) to insure all safety systems are fully functional at all time.
- Report any problems or serious needs that should be addressed to pass on to relieving Shift personnel. Maintain logbook as required by Operating Engineer’s Act
- Control and authorize any work, testing during shift operation.
- Responsible for safe operation of the Power plant and all work activities in plant during shift.
- Written and verbal communications with plant personnel, customer service, packaging supervisors, process supervisors, maintenance personnel and plant operators
- Work in production environment
What You’ll Bring:
- Power Engineer Second Class is required
- 1 – 5 years’ experience in a power plant operation as a 2nd class is required
- Good Practices and safe operation of power plant
- Proficient computer skills with standard software (Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team, flexible
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Capable of lifting 10 kg up and down stairs
- Previous work experience in boiler, ammonia refrigeration, steam and power distribution
- Previous work/experience, PLC an asset
- Troubleshooting experience an asset
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer: Please note that salaries posted on sites other than the MLF Careers Page are not a reflection of Maple Leaf Foods and are an estimated salary range provided by that particular job board. Maple Leaf Foods offers competitive wages and an attractive total rewards package, which will be discussed during an interview with our Talent Team.