Onsite Supervisor / Construction Inspector
Ville : Regina
Industrie : Materials & Construction
Employeur : Stantec
Onsite Supervisor / Construction Inspector - ( 23000084 )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Our Transportation practice has an immediate requirement for an Onsite Supervisor / Construction Inspector in either our Saskatoon or Regina offices. The role of an Onsite Supervisor / Construction Inspector is to monitor and supervise roadway construction work under the guidance of the Project Manager. The Onsite Supervisor / Construction Inspector will be required to be on site full time whenever construction work is being performed. The Onsite Supervisor / Construction Inspector will work in conjunction with the Contractor to ensure the contract is being followed and industry best practices are being used. The Onsite Supervisor / Construction Inspector will lead and coordinate the construction administration team on-site.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Provide onsite roadway construction supervision in the areas of grading, surfacing, and culverts.
- Complete required project documentation such as field diaries, safety forms, work inspections, status updates, field memos, checklists, approvals, and site occupancy.
- Understanding the construction contract and specifications.
- Track project material quantities and production rates.
- Reviews requests for payment draws from Contractors and prepares payment certifications to the project owner.
- Communicates with and makes recommendations to the Project Manager, Client and design team to resolve site issues.
- Coordinate/lead/mentor on-site consultant staff to key responsibilities.
- Lead technicians on site performing quality control/assurance.
- Review and interpret quality control and assurance test results. Provide recommendations to quality testing when required.
- Review and monitor traffic accommodation.
- Project stakeholder communication.
- Review shop drawings and other support documents for construction.
- Prepare final completion documents.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Field construction experience related to roadway construction.
- Experience with Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways would be considered an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to solve problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Takes initiative on tasks and in coordinating with other members of the team.
- Strong communication skills and dispute resolution skills.
- Experience with leading teams.
- Knowledge of Saskatchewan Ministry of Highways Standards is considered an asset.
- Must have a valid Driver’s license.
- Strong understanding of the construction contract, specifications, regulations, and requirements.
- Strong understanding of roadway construction practices and materials.
- Work Zone Traffic Accommodation and Flagging certificates from Saskatchewan Safety Council would be considered an asset.
- First Aid certification would be considered an asset.
- Safety conscious and familiar with construction safety practices.
Education and Experience
Diploma or equivalent in Civil Engineering Technology or related field & working toward licensure. Minimum of 3 years of experience. Accredited or eligible for accreditation with SASTT.
Position will include field work for the majority of the construction season. Office work will be available during the winter months.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Other Locations : Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina
Organization : BC-1110 Transportation-CA Saskatchewan
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 75 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Jan 18, 2023, 3:13:01 PM
Req ID: 23000084
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans