Mobile Lab Patient Technician
Ville : Stoney Creek, ON, CA
Catégorie : Client Services
Industrie : Healthcare
Employeur : LifeLabs
LifeLabs is the largest community diagnostics laboratory in Canada, serving the healthcare needs of Canadians for over 50 years. Our team members are truly centred around our customers, and we know that behind every lab requisition, sample being tested, or investment in technology is an individual and their family counting on us.
Consistently named one of Canada's Best Employers by Forbes, LifeLabs has also been recognized for having an award-winning Mental Health Program from Benefits Canada. The passion and commitment of over 6,000 diverse and innovative team members unites and motivates us to ensure our customers receive high quality tests and results that they can trust. Agile, customer-centred, caring and teamwork: we live these values every day in what we do to support our customers and healthcare providers, driving forward our vision of empowering a healthier you.
Make a difference – join the LifeLabs team today!
LifeLabs Medical Laboratory Services is seeking a responsible and patient-oriented individual to join our team in Stoney Creek, ON as a Mobile Lab Patient Technician.
Our Mobile Lab Patient Technicians play an important part in on-site patient care in locations including private homes, commercial facilities, retirement homes, and long-term care facilities. This is an active and rewarding role that will let you build relationships with patients and see the difference that you make in their lives and healthcare outcomes.
The successful candidate will work with both the Stoney Creek and Brantford Mobile Services teams to support with LTCF's, Private visits and ‘My Visit’, and will be scheduled according to operational needs.
This is a Regular Part-Time position. Covid 19 Vaccinations and a Booster shot is required for this role.
Selected candidates are required to have a valid driver’s license and an own vehicle.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Organizing a daily schedule of visits to facilities and private residences to collect specimens as per physicians’ requests, planning your route according to courier times, specimen integrity, and required travel time.
- Performing phlebotomies, connecting/disconnecting Holter monitors, and performing ECG tracings.
- Collecting and delivering specimens to designated labs for testing.
- Accession, spin, separate and prepare for transport to reference lab as required.
- Booking patient appointments, requesting required information from patients, explaining the specimen collection process, and ensuring patients have followed necessary test protocol prior to specimen collection.
- Liaising with doctors, facility staff, and CCAC staff regarding patient problems, changes in scheduling, specimen collection procedures, and other matters.
Are You a Good Fit?
LifeLabs is seeking an emphatic and adaptable person who can deliver exceptional customer service and relate to patients even in stressful situations. Do you have:
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record and access to a vehicle.
- Satisfactory criminal reference check.
- Phlebotomy experience.
- Excellent communication skills to enable you to relate with a wide variety of people.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think quickly on your feet.
- Ability to maintain the strictest standards of patient privacy and confidentiality.
At LifeLabs, great employees are at the heart of everything we do. That is why LifeLabs provides more than just competitive compensation and benefits – our employees receive coaching and training in an environment that fosters open communication, a uniform and shoe allowance, and opportunities for advancement and changes in career direction.
Does this sound like the job for you? We would love to discuss your qualifications. Apply online today!
At LifeLabs, we strive to create an inclusive and equitable workplace where our team members and the communities we serve feel accepted, valued, and respected.
In accordance with LifeLabs’ Accessibility Policy, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, and the Ontario Human Rights Code, accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. For a confidential inquiry or to request an accommodation, please contact your recruiter or email email@example.com.
LifeLabs is committed to providing a safe environment for our employees, customers, and the communities we serve. We have been a leader throughout the COVID-19 pandemic regarding health and safety measures and have always put our employees and customers at the center of every decision that we make. As an organization in the health care sector, we believe the COVID vaccination adds a layer of protection that complements the extensive and necessary health and safety protocols that we have taken to date. With this in mind, we currently require all LifeLabs employees, contractors, students and volunteers to be fully vaccinated.
LifeLabs operates under a distributed workforce model, where employee flexibility is a key priority. Further information will be provided during the interview process on what this means for employees.