Ville : KELOWNA
Industrie : Materials & Construction
Employeur : Stantec
Mechanical Engineer - ( 220001Z0 )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
Your role as a senior contributor on our professional consulting services team is to work independently on large projects of high complexity, and as a leader of a team or project through all phases of a project lifecycle. You are responsible for developing and implementing an engineering discipline group equipped with up-to-date engineering and design tools and innovations, technical and supervisory capabilities and operating procedures to successfully and efficiently execute projects and consulting services resulting in client satisfaction and on-time delivery.
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer
Job Location: Kelowna, BC
Reports To: Kelowna Building’s Engineering Lead
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for evaluating, selecting, specifying, and engineering all mechanical systems or products for a project.
- Engages in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Utilizes BIM technologies in development of three-dimensional models of building’s mechanical systems and provides markups for junior engineers/ designers.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various mechanical phases including site plans, floor plans, diagrams, and details.
- Leads project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Participates in client project requirement meetings, value analysis, and basic cost estimating.
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents.
- Develop staff skills and abilities by providing guidance and mentoring to strengthen technical abilities
- Participates in constructability review.
- Conducts quality assurance and quality control on own projects and projects of peers.
- Assists in the development of new standards and specifications for the mechanical group.
- Develops project scope, budgets, and design approach for all size projects.
- Assists with the development of proposals for smaller, less complex projects.
- Oversees and manages multiple projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Requisite knowledge, interpretation, and application of the mechanical and/or plumbing codes, energy codes, ASHRAE standards, and other building codes.
- Strong understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to lead one or more teams through all phases of project document production.
- Checks the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Participates and collaborates in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Knowledge of and experience with high performance and sustainable building practices
- Demonstrates creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving problems
- Thorough understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Strong presentation and interview skills.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD; Prefer experience with Newforma, Trane Trace & eQuest
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering & Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 10 years of experience. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna
Job : Mechanical Engineer
Organization : BC-1156 Buildings-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : May 26, 2022, 4:55:49 PM
Req ID: 220001Z0
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans