Manager – Wireless Strategy
Ville : Brampton, ON, CA
Catégorie : Network Design
Industrie : Telecommunications
Employeur : Rogers
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
This Wirless Strategy Manager position, reporting to the Sr. Director of Access Planning, will manage a technical team dedicated to driving the wireless access strategy and long term wireless investments. If you are forward looking individual with wireless vision and strong technical knowledge this is position for you.
- You are technology and strategy expert that will develop the 3-year wireless access roadmap for Rogers.
- Act as a lead and develop and analyze alternatives to recommend the most economical solution to meet departmental and organizational objectives regarding future network expansion, subscriber growth and usage patterns.
- Work closely with vendors and National Planning teams and create Rogers specific wireless roadmap. Create studies to determine the best way forward for the wireless network.
- Evaluate Rogers position in Canadian market and create plans for best allocation of the capital spend.
- Identify areas of improvement for the wireless network to keep Rogers ahead of competition
- Act as Network Lead and work closely with business teams to develop multiyear Network expansion plan for wireless.
- Create Wireless standards and reporting for National and Regional Planning teams.
- Recommend course of action to management to resolve capacity and technical issue within the access network.
- Collaborate with Business teams, Regional Planning, Network Implementation and Engineering teams to communicate priorities.
- Conduct studies for special projects
- Highly effective leader & strong communicator with expert understanding of the LTE and 5G RAN (Radio Access Network) capacity and optimization process
- Highly adaptive and flexible to changing environments and priorities. Ability to see full picture in order to deliver on objectives. Out of box thinker.
- Strong understanding of designing & building, Capacity dimensioning and monitoring of Wireless Access Networks and systems including experience with roles and functions of all access network elements. Expert on industry standards and vendor roadmaps.
- Strong financial acumen, understanding of project budgets and cost analysis
- Education experience should include a post-secondary education, Bachelor of Electrical or Telecommunication Engineering preferably.
- Strong aptitude for research, data analysis and trend development
- Expert knowledge of MapInfo, Power BI and other mapping and analytics tools
- Professional designation with 7 years of work experience in a wireless environment
- Ability to operate autonomously, within general direction guidelines.
- Personal Competencies: Self Motivated; Leadership; Problem Solving / Judgment; Customer Service Orientation; Teamwork and Collaboration; Initiative; Achievement Orientation
Schedule: Full time
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment