Manager, US Corporate Tax
Ville : Ottawa
Catégorie : Tax
Industrie : Finance
Employeur : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our US Corporate Tax practice assists organizations in deciding which US corporate structure will be the most effective from a tax perspective – subsidiary, branch, or joint-venture partnership; assists clients in choosing effective methods of capitalization and financing that are efficient; and assists clients with the US tax compliance requirements.
We’re looking for someone with an entrepreneurial spirit who believes relationships in both business and community have been central to their success to join our growing practice and continue to build their personal brand as a significant trusted business advisor in our community.
What you will do
- Participate in a broad range of complex and challenging US tax work, requiring significant analysis, assessment, and quantification.
- Leading the preparation and the reviews of US corporate and partnership tax returns for multinational clients, US tax provisions for public and private companies.
- Advising on planning opportunities and tax minimization strategies.
- Reviewing the work of junior staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Providing ongoing support and mentoring for the professional development of staff.
- Work with other office members in attracting new work to the firm.
- Research and analyze a wide variety of U.S. and cross-border tax issues.
- Maintain and manage client files to ensure accurate and timely completion of returns.
What you bring to the role
- Minimum 5 years specializing in Tax in a public accounting firm.
- US CPA designation, Enrolled Agent or US Masters of Tax.
- Excellent people management and leadership skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Negotiates effectively by identifying common ground and potential solutions that are beneficial to all parties.
- Excellent client service skills with the ability to understand the clients' business and needs.
- Ability to develop, establish and maintain strong client relationships.
- Ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated individual with a desire for growth.
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.