Manager, Project Controls & Engineering Systems
Ville : Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Catégorie : Full Time Engineering
Industrie : Mining and Quarrying
Employeur : Sherritt
Headquartered in Toronto, Sherritt is a world leader in using hydrometallurgical processes to mine and refine nickel and cobalt – metals essential for an electric future. Its Technologies Group creates innovative, proprietary solutions for natural resource- based industries around the world to improve environmental performance and increase economic value.
Sherritt has embarked on a multi-pronged growth strategy focused on expanding nickel and cobalt production by up to 20% from 2021 and extending the life of mine at Moa beyond 2040. The Corporation is also the largest independent energy producer in Cuba. Sherritt’s common shares are listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “S”.
The Manager, Project Controls & Engineering Systems position oversees the project controls and systems area in the Engineering & Projects department at the Fort Site. This individual and their team are responsible for project planning and scheduling, cost estimating and monitoring, progress measurement, risk management and reporting. This position reports to the Director, Engineering & Projects.
The position is full time permanent role based out of our Fort Saskatchewan plant site.
- Develop, implement, and sustain a 1 year Business Plan for Project Engineering Systems with a quarterly review and adjustment as required
- Strong analytical skills required to review all project controls information and ensure accuracy as well as identify issues, concerns and potential mitigations
- Develop, implement, and sustain Project Controls Specs & Standards
- Embed a lean and continuous improvement mindset to achieve a highly reliable, safe, and competitive Engineering & Projects organization
- Develop, maintain and continually optimize the process to integrate the project controls information systems (e.g., Primavera, Cleopatra) with other site systems (e.g., LN, EAM) where applicable.
- Develop, maintain and continually optimize the process to update project information, actual expenditure, forecast expenditure, schedule compliance and progress on deliverables. Prepare reports and presentations for senior management.
- Develop, implement and continually optimize a workflow process to meet Fort Site capital reporting and forecasting requirements.
- Maintain the capital Long Range Plan (LRP) information and reporting for the Fort Site and Metals Enterprise.
- Identify and communicate design changes, scope changes and schedule slippages and potential impacts and participate in the identification of mitigations. Ensure trends of cost and schedule are identified, manage change management process and communicate and suggest corrective actions
- Coordinate with cross functional team in project setting, ensure project controls team members are interfacing with engineering, procurement, contracts and construction on concepts and relationships to the scope of work and ensure adherence to safety and quality standards
- Oversees project baseline process for cost, schedule and progress and ensure all project systems are implemented according to process and company standards and procedures
- Establish risk management protocol which includes identification, documentation, mitigation and tracking of potential risks on the project. In addition, determine potential cost and schedule/progress impacts of potential risks as they are identified
- Ensure the accuracy of reported progress percentage based on the rules of credit established within the project. Develop progress measurement process for required scopes of work
- Establish and manage project schedule development, review and update processes and to ensure accuracy and alignment with the overall master schedule.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related fields. PMP certification is preferred.
- 5 years of experience in a leadership role in project controls
- Capability to develop project controls policies, standards, practices, procedures and business processes
- Understanding of accounting functions and systems
- Experience with cost control including project estimating, forecasting and cost management including reporting
- Strong understanding of Primavera (P6) and with overall planning process and best practice on capital mining projects
- Continuous Improvement and Lean thinking
- Exemplary written and verbal communication skills
- Finance / business acumen
- Multicultural sensitivity
What Sherritt Can Offer You
- Competitive wage with comprehensive benefits and retirement savings programs that holistically support employee wellbeing
- Generous paid time off to support and empower employee work/life balance
- Ongoing learning and professional development opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and dynamic work environment
Application Deadline: The job posting will remain open until a qualified candidate is selected.
We thank all candidates for their application. Only qualified candidates will be contacted directly and engaged in the interview process.