Manager, Governance, Risk and Compliance Services (GRC)
Ville : Calgary
Catégorie : Advisory
Industrie : Finance
Employeur : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
Our Calgary Risk Consulting practice is growing, and we require a strong Governance, Risk and Compliance Manager to join our dynamic team.
What you will do
The successful candidate will be involved in the delivery of client services and support business development and practice management activities Including:
- Provide a broad range of Internal Audit, Governance, Risk Management and Compliance services.
- Assist organizations with the establishment of governance, risk management and internal audit functions including the development, implementation, and execution of programs, frameworks, and related plans and projects.
- Assist organizations with their internal audit sourcing requirements including the design and delivery of specialized internal audit, internal controls, readiness assessments, and regulatory compliance projects utilizing proven methodologies and frameworks.
- Develop and deliver internal audit training in line with the IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and other relevant frameworks.
- Conduct and lead internal audit quality assessments to meet the IIA’s International Professional Practices Framework (IPPF) and Standards .
- Support the development and delivery of Enterprise Risk Management, Board Advisory, Regulatory and Compliance related engagement presentations and deliverables to clients.
- Manage client engagement plans, deliverables and expectations as well as review the quality of the fieldwork and deliverables prepared by engagement team members.
- Display a strong understanding of KPMG products and services and alignment of these products and services to client requirements resulting in effective identification of opportunities and in the communication of these value-added opportunities to clients.
- Assist in creating proposals, capability statements and presentations for engagement opportunities.
- Provide a broad range of Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance services including engagements in the area of board advisory services, risk management, and governance.
- Participate in the National Internal Audit Risk and Compliance initiatives and workstream activities.
- Participate, as appropriate, in local and national technical or industry training for KPMG people as well as for clients and business/industry conferences.
- Conduct performance management and/or mentoring of Advisory staff to develop and grow our staff in support of our KPMG strategic focus.
- Support the staff scheduling program.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve delivery quality and efficiency.
- Participate in internal Advisory staff meetings and drive practice administration initiatives.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required to travel and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need extra time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this.
What you bring to the role
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with a public accounting firm, advisory services delivering internal audit and/or internal control projects or services.
- Previous experience working in Energy or Public Sector desirable.
- Bachelor's degree in an appropriate field from an accredited college/university.
- In addition to a professional accounting designation, preference will be given to candidates with an MBA and/or CIA designation with a solid financial accounting and reporting as well as a process improvement background.
- Strong experience and knowledge of delivering internal controls/SOX audits and/or governance advisory engagements.
- Strong skills and experience in information technology processes and controls and processes would be an asset.
- Able to manage cross functional teams comprised of diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
- Demonstrated ability to learn and succeed in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience and knowledgeable of ESG and Sustainability audits, readiness assessments, and/or internal control assessments considered an asset.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Detail oriented with a focus on quality.
- Has a high degree of enthusiasm and energy.
- Flexible in their style and willing to learn new ways, methods and approaches.
- Ability to adapt KPMG methodologies and techniques to unique client circumstances and requirements.
- Self-motivated and is willing to ask probing questions to uncover client opportunities.
- Innovative and creative thinker and highly adaptive and flexible.
- Ability to convey concepts and services to clients.
Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.