Maintenance Assistant General Supervisor
Ville : Brandon
Catégorie : Other
Industrie : Food/Packaging
Employeur : Maple Leaf Foods
The Opportunity:The Maintenance Assistant General Supervisor (Powerhouse and Wastewater Treatment Plant) is the operational leader of the Powerhouse and Wastewater Treatment Plants and will be successor of Class 1 Chief Engineer.
Snapshot of a Day-in-the-Life:
- Operational leader of the Powerhouse and Wastewater Treatment Plants
- Lead the Powerhouse and Wastewater Treatment operators in accordance with Company policies, procedures, and the collective bargaining agreement
- Daily payroll and scheduling for Powerhouse and Wastewater Treatment operators and prioritize daily work activities with Maintenance
- Instilling safety, objectives, and measurements; fosters good staff relationships to gain commitment from all employees while following GMP’s and HACCP
- Proven team leader, team player, committed to excellence, positive attitude, excellent interpersonal skills
- Monitor all systems to keep the plant in compliance with all Federal, Provincial, & Corporate Environmental regulations. Carbon saving initiatives
- Establish & maintain records of all waste streams from the plant and identify any that may be recyclable
- Establish, run, and organize monthly safety meetings, energy teams and assigned projects
- Compile & send an environmental report to all the plant’s Managers & General Supervisors
- Monitor water testing, environmental spills, and other logs daily and act and or direct the workforce as required.
- Maintain the plant’s Environmental Management System (EMS) and work toward getting the plant to a Tier 3 Environmental Pioneer status, working at being ready to step toward Tier 4 – ISO 14,001, should this become necessary. Read logbooks daily, continuously update cost saving spreadsheets and develop SOP’s
- Track Preventative Maintenance (PM’s), work orders and Maintain electronic & hard copy libraries of all environmental records for audit purposes
- Capital Projects to keep equipment up to date
- Willingness to take on additional responsibilities as required
What You’ll Bring:
- 2nd Class Power Engineering Certificate and demonstrated progress to complete Class 1
- Experience including working knowledge of Powerhouse, ammonia plant operations and Wastewater plant
- Previous experience with food processing, CFIA, HACCP and Six Sigma would be an asset.
- Familiar with electrical, health & safety, CFIA/USDA statutory regulations
- Preventive and Proactive Maintenance strategy expertise essential
- Knowledge of MS Office required, AutoCAD, MS Project is preferred
- Experience working in a Unionized environment
- Working knowledge of ammonia plant operations including powerhouse support
- Strong oral and written communication skills, ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to live and teach our Maple Leaf leadership values
What We Offer at Maple Leaf Foods:
- Being part of a high-performance, people-focused company that has an inspiring and unique vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, and a deep commitment to sustainable protein across North America.
- An inclusive company culture and a work environment that keeps our people safe, rewards excellence, and empowers everyone to learn and contribute their best.
- A hybrid work model that embraces remote work for eligible roles, helping team members achieve work-life balance—combining the best of both spending time working remotely, benefitting from focus time, and purposeful collaboration in the office setting.
- Competitive Health and Wellness benefits that offer flexibility to meet your individual or family needs, including programs focused on improving mental health and wellbeing. These benefits start on your first day of employment.
- Defined Contribution Pension Plan with company matching that starts on your first day of employment.
- Learning and development opportunities, including workshops, ‘speaker series’ events, and resources that allow you to develop your skills and progress your career.
- Comprehensive tuition reimbursement program that supports continuous learning and development of our team members through investment in eligible degrees, diplomas, professional certification, or trades programs.
- Supporting our deep commitment to community impact, we offer up to two paid days annually to volunteer at a cause of your choice.
About Us:We’re a carbon neutral food company on a purposeful journey to Raise the Good in Food through better nutrition, safer food and workplaces, more humane animal care, and environmental sustainability efforts that protect our planet. We care about our communities and commit to reducing food insecurity in Canada. Join us on the journey. Let’s build a better future, together.
We’re passionate about food. For more than 100 years, we’ve made delicious, healthy protein that Canadians love under iconic national and regional brands, like Maple Leaf®, Schneiders®, and Greenfield Natural Meat Co.® We’re on a journey to become the most sustainable protein company – not just in Canada – but on earth.
- We are carbon neutral.
- We are one of the only food companies in Canada to set science-based targets.
- We aim to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025.
A diverse and inclusive work environmentChampioning diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision and living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values. We believe in building, investing in, recognizing, and rewarding remarkable people who value an inclusive workplace, embrace all forms of diversity, and commit to including every voice in our collaborative environment. We’re so much stronger when we know we’re accepted and valued for who we are and what we each bring to the workplace.
We embrace a strong, values-based cultureOur eight Leadership Values are our north star. They guide the decisions we make for all our stakeholders: our consumers, our customers, our people, our communities, our shareholders, and the environment.
- Doing What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated by March 31, 2022 and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination by March 31, 2022 (or prior to their first day of work if the start date is after March 31, 2022). We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.
Championing diversity and inclusion is a critical component to advancing our collective purpose and vision, living the Maple Leaf Leadership Values, and delivering winning results. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired; please contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.