Lead Software Engineer, Capital Markets Technology
Ville : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Catégorie : IT Business Analysts
Industrie : Finance
Employeur : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 176327
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Global Wholesale, Wealth, and Risk Technology - Derivatives team, responsible for servicing Global Capital Markets worldwide and delivering system solutions for the derivatives trading platform. We are looking for creative, self-starting, results-oriented, highly motivated individual with attention to details and excellent problem-solving skills. The incumbent need to be able to multi-task and work in a fast paced and agile environment. The right candidate will be joining the bank as a Development Lead.
The role carries responsibility for the design, architecture and final delivery of the solution with an emphasis on system scalability, availability and pragmatism. Hands-on coding is expected - active contribution to the code base as well as code reviews and walkthroughs
Is this role right for you?
- Successful candidate will be responsible for development and support of a front-office trading system used for trade booking, trade execution and pricing of derivatives trades
- Proactively partners with business line representatives to drive improved technology solutions that support business strategy.
- Responsible for the effective analysis, design, development, and delivery of high availability & reliability applications which utilized different technology stacks (including Python, Java, Kafka, NoSQL, Kubernetes etc.).
- Work with team of expert engineers for development, deployment and monitoring of derivatives trading and derivatives valuation applications
- Work with diverse set of technologies to implement new systems, or enhancements of existing implementations, and ensure sound integration with surrounding components from end to end operational perspective.
- Understanding the existing purpose of the application and a how the end user is putting the service to use. Design sound solutions that meet the enhanced and new business needs.
- Ensure that delivery meets the integrity, quality, performance and reliability requirements by building automated testing and regression suites and use of DevOps principles.
- To coordinate infrastructure needs for requisitioning Cloud based infrastructure, databases and assist actively with documentational requirements covering architecture, security and operational readiness.
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed in this role?
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of 8+ years’ Java experience in developing, deploying and maintaining large scale microservices with complex integration, and have experience deploying Services to Private/Public clouds.
- Strong experience of developing applications using Core Java (1.8 or above), Spring Framework (Spring IOC, Spring JPA, Spring Security, Spring Batch etc.).
- Candidate should have working knowledge of Python language and related framework.
- Candidate should have knowledge of basic Unix/Linux knowledge to be able to write and understand shell scripts and basic Unix commands.
- At least 2 years of this experience must be in fully automating Microservice deployments onto on-prem, private and/or Clouds and working with CI/CD tools.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience on Linux, K8S, Docker, Ansible, Python and cloud environments like Azure / GCP.
- The role requires leadership skills, hands-on technical experience, and a can-do approach towards environment automation / management and continuous improvement for efficiency and cost effectiveness.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure and application deployment issues.
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create best customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Onsite cafeteria
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.