Lead Site Reliability Engineer
Ville : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Catégorie : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industrie : Financial/Banking
Employeur : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
Working on RBC’s Engineering Transformation (ET) Shared Services Team (SST) this role will be responsible for success of Strategic Flexibility Maintenance and Optimization (SFMO) lab. That will include the development of automation capabilities to be consumed enterprise wide with the goal of reducing toil and lowering mean time to resolution for all incidents. In this opportunity, you will: Lead ideation sessions within the T&O SRE community and design solutions for the proposed product ideas that will be used to plan the roadmap for automation development.
What will you do?
- Provide technical design and execution for the delivery of the Engineering Transformation - SFMO
- Create strategy for Automated solutions that will be used and leveraged by T&O
- Evaluate and provide feasibility of new technologies within the Shared Services Team
- Apply design-thinking and agile mindset in working with Product Owner, Stakeholders, Team Members, and Scrum Masters
- Provide technical leadership for engineers within Engineering Transformation
- Conduct code reviews with a strong emphasis on code quality
- Contribute to community code repository (inner source)
- Supports RBPT goals to adopt ET solutions for applications in scope
- Support initiatives outside of application or lab level scope
- Consult on products build to other teams in RBPT and enterprise
- Understand the needs of our stakeholders and plan improvements to our current product offerings
Innovation and Learning:
- Stay abreast of technology change and learn constantly, through official training assignments and self-assigned learning
- Provide demos to team at large of new technology findings
- Lead a team of SREs focused on building automation products which will be used to reduce toil across T&O.
- Manages and provides mentorship and career coaching/development across organization.
- Highly adaptive leader, aspiring to a range of senior leadership roles across enterprise
- Versatility from diverse experiences or range of roles across enterprise
- 7+ years of experience with programming in Python
- Advance knowledge with a variety of SRE languages and tools (Jenkins, UCD, NexusIQ, Ansible, Dynatrace Managed, Moog, PagerDuty, ServiceNow, GitHub, Slack, Elastic, Logstash, Kibana)
- Advance knowledge of Ansible, and Elastic
- Intermediate knowledge of Docker and OpenShift
- Intermediate knowledge of industry practices, with focus on DevOps, Test Automation
- Intermediate experience in a variety of environments (Cloud, distributed and mainframe, business workflows and services/APIs, databases)
- Ability to influence at the lab and Lead Transformation Engineer level
- Experience with middleware and messaging platforms such as MQ and Kafka
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Equivalent; or Diploma in other Technical related disciplines
Nice to Have:
- Mainframe, ISPF, Zeke and JCL
- NodeJs and React
- MongoDB and MariaDB
- Machine learning
RBC is committed to supporting flexible work arrangements when and where available. Details to be discussed with Hiring Manager.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
- Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.