Intermediate Facility Condition Assessor
Ville : CALGARY
Industrie : Materials & Construction
Employeur : Stantec
Intermediate Facility Condition Assessor - ( 2300012N )
Stantec's Calgary office has an opportunity for an Intermediate Facility Condition Assessor to work within our Facility Assessment team.
Our Facility Assessment team, within the Buildings Engineering Group, specializes in assessing major aspects of buildings, including architectural, structural, mechanical, electrical, and fire/life safety systems. The assessments provide baseline information relative to the current physical condition of a facility, as well as forecasting of system repairs/replacements and capital investment requirements over a given period. The results may be used to establish a business case for funding to address current and future capital and maintenance expenditures, allow for informed decisions to be made relative to the acquisition, disposition or refinancing of the property as well as for asset management, and to plan and prioritize the distribution of capital funding.
As part of our Facility Assessment team, your time will be dedicated to the assessment of existing buildings, preparing detailed building condition reports, reserve fund studies, capital expenditure forecasts, and maintenance plans. You can expect to assess buildings of many types throughout Canada and the United States.
You will be part of a multi-disciplinary team that has been conducting facility condition assessments for over 25 years. Our team of engineers and technologists works closely with clients across all business sectors to provide assessment services for acquisition, disposition, financing, due diligence, capital asset management, maintenance, and capital planning purposes.
Your Key Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Team Leader your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Conducting condition assessments of a variety of different building types (commercial, residential, institutional, recreational) including, but not limited to:
- identifying and documenting relevant property features and deficiencies
- investigating and evaluating existing building systems and components
- carrying out field measurements
- Organizing and preparing the collected field data for analysis.
- Estimating quantities of materials for the purposes of capital expenditure planning.
- Preparing detailed technical reports supporting our clients with their decision making for maintenance and capital expenditure planning, acquisition, and disposition.
- Working independently as well as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Conducting approximately 15% to 35% site work with the remaining time being office work (e.g. reporting, etc.).
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrate an understanding of construction processes, building operations and ability to read and understand architectural / engineering drawings and terminology.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication in English.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment.
- Good MS Office skills, especially Word, Excel, and Outlook required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Canada, the United States.
- Previous experience in completing technical reports.
- Willingness to learn about the assessment of building systems and components outside your area of expertise.
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of the Building Codes, bylaws, and other applicable codes and standards.
- Familiarity with financial planning terminology and concepts used in reporting such as costing methods, interest rates, inflation, repairs vs. replacement, establishing and maintaining a financial reserve is considered an asset.
- Previous experience with reporting software (VFA, EDR Parcel, etc.) is considered an asset
Education and Experience
- Graduate of either a university or technical college program in construction-related disciplines such as Mechanical, Electrical, Architectural or Structural Engineering. Alternatively, applicants with a trades ticket in a construction or an operational field will be considered.
- Experience in construction and/or facility maintenance and operations is considered an asset.
- Ability for registration with ASET or APEGA is considered an asset.
- Three to six years of experience within your respective discipline of training.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations, or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, provincial, and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Organization : BC-1153 Buildings-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Mar 10, 2023, 1:10:23 PM
Req ID: 2300012N
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans