Intermediate Bridge Engineer
Ville : STONEY CREEK
Industrie : Materials & Construction
Employeur : Stantec
Intermediate Bridge Engineer - ( 220001GK )
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving—whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Stantec is currently seeking an Intermediate Bridge Engineer to join our transportation team in Hamilton, London, or Waterloo. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of transportation projects, anything from highways to rail. You will need to have a strong bridge design background and have the ability to lead a project, collaborate with other tranportation professionals, and communicate with clients. This position will be responsible for helping with proposal and work plan preparation; engineering design and team management; project scope, schedule, and budget management; coordination with other disciplines and team resources; technical preparation of bridge designs; and conduct quality management.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Plan and execute the structural portion of various highway, transit, and rail projects through all phases from proposal preparation, project kick-off, preliminary design, detailed design, tendering, construction, contract administration and validation
- Develop design plans, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates
- Prepare, check and deliver engineering calculations, reports and technical studies
- Prepare and present information to clients and the public
- Work with other transportation design professionals and teams to complete projects
- Build a strong culture of quality design and teamwork
- Guide and mentor junior staff
- Assist with coordinating the efforts of a multi-disciplinary team (internal staff, external consultants, contractors and suppliers), while ensuring the quality of design to achieve the Client’s objectives consistent with the scope of services to be provided
- Assist with all aspects of assigned projects to achieve the Client’s prescribed scope, time, cost and quality objectives through the application of formal project management process, techniques, and procedures
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong knowledge of Canadian Highway Bridge Design Code and MTO design manuals and standards
- Experience with MTO design requirements and specifications
- Effective communication skills are essential, including experience in report and proposal preparation
- Working knowledge of CAD software and collaborative tools such as Autodesk or BlueBeam
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in structural inspection, condition surveys and construction supervision is an asset
Education and Experience
University degree in Civil Engineering with a specialization in the field of bridge design and construction. A Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) is required with a minimum of five to eight (5 - 8) years demonstrated experience with bridge engineering responsibilities.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Ontario-Stoney Creek
Other Locations : Canada-Ontario-London, Canada-Ontario-Waterloo
Job : Structural Engineer
Organization : BC-1650 Transportation-CA Ontario West
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 20, 2022, 7:19:54 AM
Req ID: 220001GK
Vaccine Policy: Stantec requires some positions in North America to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject to reasonable accommodation to the extent required by law because of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief.
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans