Healthcare Project Leader, Principal
Ville : VANCOUVER
Industrie : Materials & Construction
Employeur : Stantec
Healthcare Project Leader, Principal - ( 220000KR )
With over 3,000 colleagues in six countries sharing knowledge to bring the most advanced solutions to clients, our integrated platform is unmatched and through the power of design we are improving health worldwide.
We are a collaborative, client-centric organization and we recognize that our shared journey depends on prioritizing community wellness and health equity. This understanding helps us bring value, innovation, and leading-edge best practices to visionary clients around the world. Our collaborative and integrated approach has led to Stantec ranking #1 Healthcare Architect/Design Firm by Commercial Construction & Renovation, the #3 Healthcare Architecture/Engineering by Building Design Construction’s 2020 Giants 400 Report and among the top 10 firms globally working in P3/APD (ENR). In 2020 alone, we completed over 21 million square feet of healthcare projects and to date our practitioners have created and shared thousands of evidence-based design articles.
Transecting the full care continuum, and the full spectrum of planning, architecture and engineering design services, our fully integrated practice and subject matter experts are consistently advancing design for behavioral health, oncology inclusive of particle therapy, children’s care, ambulatory care, senior care, preventative care, academic medical centers, as well as the most acute care settings including field hospitals. We collaborate across buildings to bring best in class innovations from Stantec’s hospitality, workplace, commercial, cultural, and industrial markets—delivering progressive health care environments that improve patient outcomes.
If you are looking to join a remarkable team of passionate, collaborative, and talented designers, this might be the opportunity you’ve been waiting for!
To be successful as a Healthcare Project Leader, Principal, a collaborative mindset is essential. You will be surrounded by our network of resources and trusted to collaborate with clients and internal teams alike as a thought leader, health sector champion, brand ambassador, and healthcare design expert. Our leaders remain engaged in projects and contribute in a meaningful way to making our clients more successful. We are a Principal-led practice.
Successful candidates will have a strong understanding of healthcare design and delivery, will be active listeners, able to develop relationships internally and externally—nurturing long-lasting client bonds, connecting the ideal Stantec disciplines and team members with opportunities, pursuing new projects in your region and across North America and challenging your colleagues every day to be the best. As a senior contributor within the Health Sector you will champion design excellence relative to your specific expertise and through the planning and creation of fiscally responsible, award-winning engagements with a focus on positive health outcomes. You will be supported by the full breadth and depth of the global health sector team and will have the opportunity to develop integrated design proposals for cutting edge and world-class projects in partnership with top tier marketing, while leading and mentoring others and collaborating with team members to contribute to the final deliverables—bringing inspiration to your daily practice.
Your Key Responsibilities
- To be a project leader for the design and delivery of major healthcare projects, ranging on average from 80,000sqft to 800,000sqft in typical project size
- Serve as a local leader to inspire our team, represent healthcare design, and reinforce the global brand of Stantec
- Sustain and grow revenue within your region and across the North American market, helping to attract top tier clients and achieve top line growth for the health sector
- Collaborate with technical and managerial project leads to achieve key operational performance metrics including traditional financial metrics as well as demonstrating improved health outcomes for the projects we deliver
- Lead local and regional business development pursuits including pre-positioning, strategic proposal development inclusive of interior design, medical planning, architecture and engineering professionals, to achieve business development and financial goals in accordance with Stantec policies
- Serve as a seller-doer generating work, creating long-term relationships and delivering long-term value to clients for Stantec
- Develop and maintain industry relationships and visibility with current and prospective clients, sub-consultants, competitor/teaming partners, and potential recruits
- Contribute to the thought leadership and brand of Stantec, by sharing knowledge and innovation stories at key client engagements, industry events and across professional networks
- Mentor and coach next generation of designers and thought leaders, as well as receive mentoring and coaching from our established team of designers and thought leaders
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Recent experience in healthcare with interest in specialty focus along with appreciation for any or all of the following markets: Acute Care, Outpatient Care, Women’s Health, Behavioral Health/Mental Health, Cancer/Proton Therapy, Modular Design, Long Term Care and Seniors Living project(s)
- Demonstrated design and planning acumen and leadership on major projects
- Ability to lead project teams across a range of healthcare project types and scales with proven ability to balance a book of business in this regard
- Experience with responding to Expression of Interests, Statements of Qualifications, Requests for Proposals, formal interviews, and professional fee and contract negotiations
- Strong business development skills, including significant experience developing and maintaining productive relationships with a client base—a seller-doer capable of generating work and creating long-term relationships and delivering long-term value to clients for Stantec
- An entrepreneurial orientation with strong understanding of the business development challenges of a consulting-services provider
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organization, coordination, leadership, team-building and team engagement talent
- Knowledge of market assessment techniques and insights along with ability to create aspirational and achievable business plans
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Architecture or Engineering
- Licensed and credentialed Architect or Engineer
- 15 years of experience in the architecture industry
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. As a Principal Leader within our Global Health Sector, together, we will improve health worldwide through the power of design.
Primary Location : Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Kelowna, Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg, Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina, Canada-Ontario-Toronto, Canada-Alberta-Calgary, Canada-Ontario-Ottawa, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton, Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Job : Mechanical Engineer
Organization : BC-1156 Buildings-CA British Columbia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 14, 2022, 9:41:26 AM
Req ID: 220000KR
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans