General Labour Janitor – Saturday Only – 3:30pm-12:00am
Ville : Downsview
Catégorie : Manufacturing
Industrie : Food/Packaging
Employeur : Maple Leaf Foods
The Janitor works in the Production/ Packaging department. He/she works in a fast-paced food manufacturing environment, responsible for general cleaning and other food processing activities as necessary. This person has direct impact on the efficiency of our operation and contributes daily to the quality of our products.
- Contributes to a healthy work environment, while maintaining high food safety and health and safety standards
- Responsible for general cleaning of lunchrooms, washrooms and change rooms for all departments
- General restocking of supplies in washrooms, lunchrooms and kitchen areas including the office
- Applies G8 on production floor when necessary, fills up production floor boot washers
- Follows non-dailies cleaning schedule
- Ensures all paperwork is completed in a timely manner for all cleaning checks
- Works on the production line if needed
- Takes action to correct any issues and to make improvements
- Directly helps the department to meet targets and goals while maintaining a healthy and safe work environment
- Maintains productivity that meets/exceeds standards
- Contributes to the team and the whole facility in a positive way
- Other responsibilities as required
- Able to work in a fast-paced work environment with repetitive tasks
- Able to stand and walk throughout the shift
- Able to perform repetitive lifting
- Able to lift up to 25kgs
- Can work well in a team environment and support fellow team members
- Knowledge of WHMIS and MSDS/SDS
- Good communication skills, able to speak and read English
- Punctual, reliable and responsible
- You must be legally eligible to work and currently residing in Canada.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to the commencement of employment. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to Employment Equity and maintaining a diverse workforce. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Attraction Team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.