Full-Time Delivery Helper
Ville : New Hamburg
Catégorie : Other
Industrie : Food/Packaging
Employeur : Maple Leaf Foods
What's in it for you?
- Salary: $19.80/hr (6 month wage progression in place wage starts at $18.80/hr)
- Retention bonus payable of $1,000
- Benefits after 3 months of continuous service
- Pension after 1 years of continuous service
- All PPE is provided to employees (Boot Reimbursement of $125 after 3 months of service)
- Fast paced learning environment
- Opportunities for growth and training development!
The successful applicant will report to the Production supervisor as well as follow Drivers direction on day-to-day responsibilities in order assist the driver on deliveries of day old chicks.
- Able to work in Chick Room and Egg Room as needed
- Loading of chicks for delivery
- Assisting with chick delivery to customers’ farms
- Unloading of chicks into customers’ barns
- Able to do physical labour
- Commitment to working as part of a team
- Assist Drivers with daily responsibilities
- Complete Driver duties if applicable
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to keep up with a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to work in a wet/humid environment
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be in good physical condition - able to lift up to 50 lb. overhead repetitively
- Delivery experience an asset
- Good communication and business relationship building skills for interaction with customers
- Must be able to follow SOP’S & schedules
- Must adhere to HACCP requirements
- Able to work varying & flexible hours until job complete
- DZ License an asset
Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange. We are proud of our roots, which trace back well over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the most sustainable protein company on earth, we are committed to creating shared value – creative business value through addressing some of the world’s most critical social and environmental challenges. Our goal is to build a more sustainable food system, which provides nutritious affordable food, operates within planetary limits, cares for animals responsibly, and meaningfully engages with our communities to advance a more just society. We are advancing bold changes within Maple Leaf and more broadly within society to pursue our vision. We deeply believe this is the sustainable path to growth.
Our job is to make great food
Maple Leaf Foods embraces a strong values-based culture, where our people are deeply engaged in work that is purposeful, fast-paced and challenging. We cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that fosters safety and transparency, along with individual leadership and accountability. Each Maple Leaf team member has a voice and plays an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals with passion and discipline. We support one another to grow professionally, to learn new skills and to take on challenging experiences in the spirit of continuous improvement.
Raise the Good in Food
We have united behind a shared purpose – to Raise the Good in Food. This spans a dramatic transformation of our flagship Maple Leaf brand, replacing anything artificial with simple, natural ingredients; investments and process changes to reduce our environmental footprint by 50% by 2025; building a diverse and inclusive culture where all talent thrives; becoming a leader in animal care; and advancing food security through our charitable foundation, the Maple Leaf Centre for Action on Food Security.
Our Leadership Values
Eight core values guide us in everything that we do.
- Do What’s Right
- Shared Value
- High Performance
- Diverse and Inclusive Teams
- Disciplined Decision Making
- Our Accountability
- Intense Curiosity
- Transparency and Humility
- Be part of a company with an inspiring and unique vision, with a deep commitment to sustainability and expanding its leadership in sustainable protein across North America.
Maple Leaf Foods is committed to ensuring the health and safety of all our employees. As part of this commitment, we have adopted a number of COVID-19 safety measures, including a requirement for all employees to be fully vaccinated and to show proof of vaccination. In keeping with this policy, successful candidates will need to provide proof of vaccination prior to the commencement of employment. We will of course consider accommodations for anyone unable to be vaccinated following human rights and other applicable laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest in exploring employment opportunities with Maple Leaf Foods however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants may be subject to a background check and must meet the security criteria designated for the position.