FT Dual Ticket / Industrial Electrician (PM shift starting at $36.83/hr)
Ville : Brampton
Catégorie : Manufacturing
Industrie : Food/Packaging
Employeur : Maple Leaf Foods
Position: Dual Ticket / Industrial Electrician
Rate of Pay: Starting at $36.83/hr
Number of Vacancies: 1
The Maintenance Team at 97 Walker Drive is looking for a Dual Ticketed Electrician and Millwright with significant experience on electrical troubleshooting and installations. The successful candidate will have experience working in a fast paced, food manufacturing environment and have a demonstrated ability to work safely, ensuring safe pant operations and a safe working environment for all employees.
- Trouble shooting/repairs/installations of electrical and mechanical services with knowledge of 600 V AC and lower field wiring complete with a good grasp of associated instrumentation and control/PLCs.
- Carryout oral/printed work request and apply corrective measures in a timely fashion.
- Have intermediate grasp of related mechanical requirements and apply corrective measures.
- Perform PM and regular Work Orders and account for inventory and labour on computerized maintenance system. SAP experience is an asset.
- Welding repairs and/or fabrication of equipment parts to Food Safety standards
- Fulfill mechanical requirements of work orders and trouble shooting and repairs c/w requesting assistance where necessary
- Perform machining and sheet metal work for equipment repairs and/or upgrades to meet equipment and Food Safety spec’s
- Communicate daily repair activity with Supervisors and with other Departments
- Work in compliance with all Health and Safety, Food Safety and HACCP requirements.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Certified Journeyman Electrician with 5+ years’ experience with proof of completing the Industrial Apprenticeship Program
- Holds an Industrial Millwright Mechanic license with 2 – 3 years of experience in a manufacturing food processing environment as an Industrial Mechanic
- Knowledge of conveyors, pumps / compressor, electrical / electronic controls and high speed packaging equipment.
- Ability to complete work orders and organize and plan daily tasks with minimal supervision.
- Formax and Multivac equipment knowledge is an asset
- Ability to work in a team based environment.
- Plant environment (ambient and refrigerated); 24-7, 2 shift operation
- A fast paced work environment with multiple, tight and changing priorities
Communication, Cooperation & Continuous Improvement Skills:
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English
- Positive interaction and information sharing with Associates and Salaried Team
- Active participation in Work Group meetings
- Ability to obtain pertinent information, evaluate information objectively and explore alternative solutions to problems
- Actively finding new and improved ways of completing tasks
- Willing to try new things and assume additional responsibilities
- Cross-shift communication
- Other duties as assigned by your supervisor
- Training could be scheduled on days