Financial Consultant Acquisition
Ville : Nanaimo, BC, CA, V9T6L8
Catégorie : Financial Specialists
Industrie : Finance
Employeur : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 176008
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, as a Financial Consultant - Acquisition,
• You will apply a growth mindset to assess and analyse all prospect opportunities and create comprehensive financial plans covering areas of risk management, estate planning, liability management, cashflow/budgeting, education funding, tax, retirement planning, investment management, practice management and goal setting.
• You will generate outbound leads and manage inbound referrals, converting both into relationship opportunities.
• Develop and lead marketing initiatives and deliver a high touch, top-quality client experience consistent with MD values and brand.
• Participate in/lead client seminars, partner events, conferences, information sessions and other activities relative to the medical community to promote the MD difference.
• Lead efforts to convert high-potential targets to grow market share.
• Grow and retain market share through active prospecting, purposeful business development and exceptional client relationship management.
• Track pipeline reporting to ensure effective sales management. Prepare and execute quarterly business plans to aid in the meeting of individual, regional and corporate targets.
• You will ensure adherence to professional standards, including policies, procedures and best practices, and professional codes of conduct related to client engagement, taking Scotiabank’s risk appetite and culture into consideration relative to day to day activities and decisions.
What MD Expects of You:
• A desire to learn - to further your knowledge of advanced financial planning concepts including tax, investment trends and products as well as any other issues impacting clients.
• A commitment to compliance – an understanding of industry regulations and associated requirements and an appreciation for Scotiabank’s commitment to ethical day to day activities and decisions
• Marketing savvy – a comfort in facilitating seminars and information meetings designed to provide advice and information concerning investment programs and related services.
• A sense of urgency - what’s urgent for your client is urgent for you. Attending to their needs is your priority.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a broader team.
• A high level of comfort with technology to support virtual meetings and CRM.
• Confidence – in yourself, in MD’s products, in asking for the business
The Must Haves:
• University degree or college diploma in business, commerce or financial planning
• IIROC licensed as a Registered Representative (IIROC-RR) including completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC), the Conduct and Practices Handbook (CPH) and 90-day training or willingness to complete such within a specified timeframe.
• Completion of the Group Annuity Sector (PQPAV) (Quebec offices only); Life License (LLQP) (all other provinces), and the willingness to complete other regulatory requirements.
• Three years industry experience.
• Ability to travel.
• We are big proponents of life-work integration and provide the flexibility and tools to achieve such.
• We believe an inclusive and diverse work environment makes for happy and productive employees.
• We recognize the importance of well-being and offer programs and benefits to support and sustain the mental and physical health of our employees and their families.
• We know that financial security is important to you and we’re here to help – competitive salaries and incentive programs, a defined contribution pension plan and an employee share option purchase program.
• We realize time away to recharge is a non-negotiable – we offer a generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with MD. Our team environment ensures you’re able to take time off without worrying about your clients.
• We understand that cost-effective banking solutions mean more money in your pocket – through our partnership with Scotia, we offer a variety of preferred banking, credit card, mortgage and home/auto insurance options and discounts.
We love discounts. Through the WorkPerks program, as an employee of MD you’ll have access to thousands of discounts with various vendors across Canada.
Location(s): Canada : British Columbia : Nanaimo
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.