Ville : Burnaby
Catégorie : Administrative Support/Clerical
Industrie : Insurance
Employeur : Pacific Blue Cross
Pacific Blue Cross has been British Columbia's leading benefits provider for 80 years. We are an independent, not-for-profit society with strong roots in BC’s health care system. Together with our subsidiary BC Life, we provide health, dental, life, disability and travel coverage to 1 in 3 British Columbians through employee group plans and individual plans.
We are fueled by a commitment to keep health care sustainable for all British Columbians. Through our Pacific Blue Cross Health Foundation, we also provide funding to community organizations with a focus on alleviating mental illness and chronic disease. We're interested in finding people who want to make a difference and who will take advantage of every opportunity to build a career with us.
Pacific Blue Cross offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, fitness programs, and an onsite gym and cafeteria. Our workplace culture values health and wellness, continuing education, environmental sustainability and giving back to the community.
If you are committed to improving the health and well-being of British Columbians, we are currently recruiting for a temporary (up to 18 months) File Clerk to join our Individual Plans team. It is a permanent role, and will require working from office 100% of the time.
Under the close supervision of the Team Leader and Department Manager, supports the processing of individual and travel plan applications and contributes to the smooth and effective operation of the department by preparing and distributing information kits; processing incoming and outgoing mail, maintaining department files and records, updating information using an in-house system and providing support to the team through the provision of basic word processing and clerical services
Individual Products Support
- Supports the processing of individual and travel plan applications by:
- updating spreadsheets to record status of applications, reviewing spreadsheets to ensure information is complete and locating missing applications;
- referring specific types of applications, such as medical questionnaires to medical underwriting, for processing and returning documents with missing information to specific team members for correction and completion;
- receiving and sorting documents created by customer service representatives.
- Prepares and distributes information kits for brokers and other individual plan related materials, including materials for trade shows and conventions, on request.
- Updates in-house system with contact information from prospects.
- Updates task lists on Outlook with new addresses for EHC and Dental.
- Picks up, receives, sorts, prepares and distributes a variety of incoming mail from different sources such as applications, revisions, medical questionnaires, renewals, cancellations, reinstatements, member and broker changes, return mail, and correspondence. Tracks and records mail type to monitor department volume.
- Redirects mail, delivers and retrieves documents and materials to and from other departments.
- Checks to ensure mail outs meet established quality and accuracy standards. Prepares materials for outgoing mail and courier delivery.
Member and Broker Information Maintenance
- Accesses, verifies and keys member information such as address changes, name changes, and beneficiary and power of attorney changes, using in-house system. Updates broker information and return mail with unknown addresses. Keys document retrieval numbers. Cancels applications.
Manual File Maintenance and Administration
- Maintains a variety of department files and records in accordance with department standards and procedures by filing a variety of department materials such as applications, medical questionnaires, correspondence and updates to pension, retiree and broker plans; locates and retrieves filed material on request; boxes archived material for off-site storage; retrieves archived materials; sets up new files.
- Researches missing or invalid application ID numbers using in-house system.
General Department and Team Support
- Using the basic features of word processing software, generates a variety documents, such as renewal letters and master statements, from standard templates and established formats on request from Team Leaders.
- Orders and maintains an inventory of internal department stationary and supplies.
- Maintains department photocopiers and printers in working order; troubleshoots basic equipment malfunctions such as paper jams and low toner levels. Places service calls to vendors as required.
- Provides general clerical support to the department by photocopying and printing documents, applications, and other department material using established filing systems and procedures.
- Sends, receives and distributes faxes for the department
- On a one to one basis, supports new employees by demonstrating the execution of specific tasks and duties, and sharing knowledge and experience on request.
- Performs other assigned duties related to the provision of administrative and clerical support which do not affect the rating of the job.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- Minimum keystroking skills of 6,500 ksph
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of Basic Excel and Basic Word
- No previous related experience required
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels valued and employees feel empowered to freely participate and contribute regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ability, education level, parental status, or socioeconomic status. PBC is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all qualified candidates.
To request an accommodation in completing this application, pre-employment testing, interviewing or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.