Environmental Student – Environmental Services (Summers 2023)
Ville : St. John's
Industrie : Materials & Construction
Employeur : Stantec
Environmental Student - Environmental Services (Summers 2023) - ( 230000HH )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that is critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We are currently looking for an Engineering or Sciences student interested in a career in the environmental consulting field for the summer, 4-months is preferred however we may consider a different timeframe for the right person. This position would be based in Dartmouth, NS.
Stantec provides an exceptional opportunity to learn through practical experience, expert supervision and on-job training.
Students will be introduced to a wide variety of environmental consulting activities, including:
- Field work : field sampling and data gathering on environmental projects of all types of media including soil, groundwater, surface water, sediment, air, noise, vibration and many more
- Project coordination : among Stantec field staff, office staff, the client and other parties such as government regulators and suppliers
- Data Management : collection, compilation and database applications of physical and chemical data
- Analysis: Desktop, computer and project team analysis of information and resources to identify and define solutions related primarily to environmental aspects such as air, water and the biophysical environment as well as socio-economic components.
- Reporting : preparation of reports detailing the work carried out, results, conclusions and recommendations.
- Proposal Writing : working independently and on proposal teams to create winning proposals including defining scope of work, qualified teams and cost budgeting
The successful Co-op candidate must be a motivated, self-starter, who works well in a team environment. He/she must exhibit excellent written and oral communication skills. The successful candidate must also possess a valid drivers' license.
The student will benefit from working with Stantec’s multi-disciplinary team of scientists and engineers in a variety of ways:
- Practical experience in applying technical procedures and practices
- Exposure to management of environmental concerns for a variety of commercial, government and industrial client such as Remediation of contaminated sites and design of waste treatment facilities; air contaminant and greenhouse gas emissions management, environmental assessment and permitting of new projects and upgrades;
- Learn about accurate testing and data analysis methods;
- Experience using various software programs;
- Develop and enhance interpersonal skills needed to succeed in a professional career;
- Experience dealing with day to day consulting business responsibilities in a challenging work environment.
For more information on Stantec, please visit our web site at, www.stantec.com . Only applicants to be interviewed will be contacted. All replies will be treated in the strictest confidence. Stantec is an equal opportunity employer.
Primary Location : Canada-Nova Scotia-Dartmouth
Other Locations : Canada-New Brunswick-Fredericton, Canada-Newfoundland and Labrador-St. John's
Organization : BC-1214 EnvSvcs-CA Atlantic Canada
Employee Status : Temporary
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 6, 2023, 1:23:35 PM
Req ID: 230000HH
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans