Director, Product Management
Ville : Toronto
Catégorie : Full-time
Industrie : Finance
Employeur : Sun Life Financial
You are as unique as your background, experience and point of view. Here, you’ll be encouraged, empowered and challenged to be your best self. You'll work with dynamic colleagues - experts in their fields - who are eager to share their knowledge with you. Your leaders will inspire and help you reach your potential and soar to new heights. Every day, you'll have new and exciting opportunities to make life brighter for our Clients - who are at the heart of everything we do. Discover how you can make a difference in the lives of individuals, families and communities around the world.
Reporting to the Head/AVP, Product & Pricing, Sun Life International (SLI), the Director, Product Management is the product champion for all SLI high net worth products. The individual will work closely with other SLI leaders, functional teams (such as distribution, underwriting and operations) and with the Agile Squads to enhance the client and broker experience and to ensure SLI successfully meets its financial and growth objectives. This role is suitable for an actuary looking for a non-traditional actuarial role or for an experienced professional with relevant experience.
- Be the ‘go to’ product expert for Sun Life International’s product suite, including current product offerings and legacy products
- Working closely with the Agile Squads, contribute as Product subject matter expert on the implementation of new products, product changes, and backlog items
- Ensure the voice of internal and external clients are represented within the Squads
- Communicates and champions the work of the Squad within the Product & Pricing team
- Ensure Leadership team, key stakeholders, other functional areas, and Squads members have an in-depth understanding of our products
- Responsible for answering product service requests such as pricing exceptions, manual illustrations, and product inquiries in a timely manner
- Develop and implement internal guidelines for service requests, exceptions and special case pricing
- Own the SLI Product Steering Committee meeting
- Support product training activities for other teams
- Works closely with Distribution, Underwriting and Operations leadership to ensure SLI's products are successful and objectives are met
- Progressively responsible, in-depth experience in a related field such as product development, operations, pricing, life insurance product management, analytics, or financial reporting
- Deep knowledge and understanding of various types of individual life insurance products
- Passion to challenge the status quo, find new solutions, and solve client problems
- Self-motivated, organized and able to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy while working toward challenging goals and deadlines.
- A strong people manager with demonstrated experience motivating and coaching teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to confidently and clearly communicate complex issues to a variety of audiences.
- Strong influencing skills to engage senior leadership and partners
- Willingness to work some non-standard, flexible hours, oftentimes having to liaise with other Sun Life offices after regular office hours, due to these being located in other time zones.
- Values diversity and inclusion and works hard to build an inclusive and respectful workplace
- University degree in a related field (Bachelor’s degree or higher in mathematics, business, economics, actuarial science, etc.)
Posting End Date: