Dietary Aide (Healthcare)-
Ville : Vancouver
Catégorie : Part-time Health Care Provider
Industrie : Facilities Services
Employeur : Sodexo
As a Dietary Aide, you will participate in the day to day operation of the kitchen serving the patients of St. Paul's Hospital in Downtown Vancouver. You will ensure all quality standards are met and use your excellent customer service skills to foster a positive, patient-focused work environment.
Your role is responsible for serving food, delivering food, and associated cleanup and dishwashing, while meeting food quality and safety standards. You may also be required to perform other duties, such as taking patient menu selections, as assigned.
Our employees are members of the Hospital Employee’s Union. All employees are hired on a casual basis, but once employees are hired they are able to apply to any job postings onsite.
Who You Are:
- Willing to continue learning and growing
- Demonstrates professionalism of judgment and behaviour
- Have a positive and compassionate attitude
- Flexible in adapting to changing work routines, priorities, and shifts
- Proficient in verbal and written English
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills
- Effective communicator
Requirements upon hire:
- Valid Food Safe Level 1 certificate
- COVID-19 Vaccination (2 doses)
- Current vaccinations records (Tetanus, Diphtheria, Polio, Mumps, Rubella, Varicella, Hepatitis A & B, Tuberculosis, Measles, Yearly Influenza/Flu)
- Criminal record check clearance through Ministry of Justice
- Have the ability to meet the organizational and physical requirements of the position
- Black slip-resistant (non-slip), closed-toe shoes
If you're looking for a role where you can truly impact the lives of others, click "I'm interested" for a quick 5-minute online application.
I understand that as a condition of my employment, I must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. By applying, I hereby certify that I have received two doses of government approved vaccines and that at least 14 days have past since the date of my last vaccination. I further understand that I will need to provide proof before starting work.
Sodexo is committed to Employment Equity and Diversity. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of national origin, race, religion, ethnicity, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or any other federal, provincial, or local protected class.
We welcome and encourage applications from persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates who participate in all aspects of the selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Sodexo.
Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted.
Follow us on social media to see first-hand what we are all about!
LinkedIn: Sodexo Canada Careers
Facebook: Sodexo CA Jobs