Coordinator, Sales and Trading, Equities Group
Ville : Montreal
Catégorie : Regular Full-time
Industrie : Finance
Employeur : National Bank
Coordinator, Sales and Trading, Equities Group
In this capacity, you will provide administrative support to the Executive Vice-President and Head of Equities and general multidisciplinary support to various teams in the Equities group (Financial Markets) for all related activities and projects pertaining to the responsibilities of sales and traders. In addition to providing administrative support to diverse teams in the Equities group, you will provide advice and resolve operational issues. You will be responsible for rolling out various initiatives involving the Bank's sectors as well as external suppliers. You will ensure compliance with policies and procedures, propose changes when required and establish new procedures. You will need to identify and participate in resolving any problems for which information is difficult to obtain.
- Responsible for operations and administrative support for the sector
- Coordinate and support onboarding activities for team members (new hires, transfers, interns), update the organization chart, and serve as a liaison with human resources
- Determine and coordinate the sector’s needs, including hardware and various supplies, as part of activities related to the recruitment and departure of employees
- Update and maintain current processes and procedures for the hiring and departure of employees
- Organize employee business travel and client events
- Process and validate employee expense accounts
- Draft different communications in French and English
- Design and direct office and equipment planning projects taking into account the new issues related to teleworking
- Support a team comprising a number of professionals
- Take part in creating new initiatives for all sectors of the Equities group
- Implement and deploy new processes specific to each sector of activity
- Automate solutions that meet the sector’s needs, in accordance with the Bank’s standards and best practices
- Update documentation, filing and ensure follow-up
- Contribute to the team’s success and vision by encouraging open communication, innovation, teamwork and a high level of professionalism
- Apply and monitor compliance with policies, standards and procedures and modify your approach and procedures, based on an analysis of the situation
- Produce different reports on the management of human and material resources and the monitoring of regulations
- Propose or take charge of complex initiatives, activities and projects according to the evolving needs of the sector
- Bilingualism (written and spoken in English and French) required, as you will regularly do business with partners across Canada
- Command of the Microsoft Office suite
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and three years of relevant experience or a three-year college diploma and five years of relevant work experience
- Related experience in the financial markets sector
- The candidate must be able to handle working in a high pressure, ever-changing environment
- Must be a self-starter and creative with their learning and problem solving
- Strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills and ability to interact with all levels of the organization, coupled with a strong focus on customer service
- Good interpersonal skills, collaborative approach and ability to work on a team
- This position requires in-office presence
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
• Health and wellness program, including many options
• Flexible group insurance
• Generous pension plan
• Employee Share Ownership Plan
• Employee and Family Assistance Program
• Preferential banking services
• Initiatives promoting community involvement
• Telemedicine service
• Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family.
Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged.
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples’ lives.
Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that's accessible to all employees.
We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodation, feel free to let us know during our initial conversations.
We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team?
Are you ready to live your ambitions?